Automatic trany Swap

SAMIAM

I would like to replace my 5 speed with an AOD in my SC. Can some one direct me to any existing information regarding this swap.

Scott

I haven't seen any artcles on this particular swap, but it actually wouldnt be as hard to do as the opposite. You need:
1. The Tranny (Of Course)
2. A Torque Conv.
3. TV Cable
4. Shifter
5. Flexplate
6. Driveshaft
7. Auto console Lid
8. Some sort of tranny cooler (you can swap a radiator from an auto but an aftermarket would be cheaper and cool better)

You will want to remove the clutch assy and mount the shifter and console lid. Run your TV cable/shifter cable. Remove the old tranny ,the clutch assy/flywheel and the driveshaft (pain in the ass) and put in the auto flexplate (you will need new bolts) and tranny/Driveshaft and connect your cables/cooler lines.

The last thing to consider is gears. The 5-spd has 2.73s in the rear, the auto 3.27. If you plan on doing any street/strip apps, now may be a good time to consider 3.55 or 3.73 otherwise you will need 3.27's or you will lose your acceleration. If you need any specific info, I have service manuals and way too much free time. Let me know. mn12sc35th@hotmail.com

Back