A GM recall? Say it isn't so.

I had one come in about a month ago with the oil dripping on the exhaust, and the customer declined the repair. Go figure, I guess they will get it fixed now that they don't have to pay for it.

I wonder what its for....

Sounds like a bad gasket like a Valve cover gasket........

Reminds me of my old big company I used to work for...We choose "The Supplier of Choice"....whatever that means...lol

Maybe if they mounted the motor properly instead of sideways there wouldn't be a problem when braking. :)

I just got on my dealer website, no open recall shown on my brothers 00 GTP yet. Thats pretty crazy, I've never seen a recall open up on 10 years old cars before.

Edited: Ahh they are just recalling sedans, my brothers is a 2-door.

Last edited:
Seems weird, why would the number of doors make a difference?

Hard to say, you would be amazed at some of the little things that a company will do just rectify a problem.

The 2000 style pick-ups had problems with the front wheel speed sensors going bad. Rather then fixing the problem AND replacing the sensors, they just fixed the source of the problem which was corrosion around the sensors. Well, after 3 years of the corrosion eating away at the sensors, we would do our recall which consisted of sanding down the surface and painting it. A few months later customers would come back because their sensors had went bad or worst case, their sensors were already bad when we did our recall but we had to tell them that we couldn't warranty them.

Every customer I talked to about sensors wanted to kick my arse during those times. Sometimes I wanted to kick my own, just for letting myself become a punching bag for stupidity. In the end, GM did what they HAD to, to rectify the problem. Cheap and easy. I'm sure gm is not the only ones who have done this.

Chris

Last edited:
Back