speed sensor and mph....

slipknot1212121

Well my mph seems to be off around 10 mph around 40, as in , Ill be driving about 40-45 and my speedo says 50-55, Now I did the 5 spd swap and read that you keep your speed sensor gear to your rear end gears. So I took my auto speed sensor and put it in the 5spd, as i kept my auto 3.27 rearend gears which is an upgrade to the 5spd, stock factory 5spd had 2.73? correct? anyways my speedo is off and dont know why? any help is appreciated. also I dont really care but i need to smog the car also, when they do the test do they go off the the car speedo? Or there computer? when they do the 15 and 25 mph test??thanx

yea, it is less with my tires, and i happened to drive by one of those cop mph things that sit on the side of the road. I drove by it and the machine said 42 and my speedo said about 54-55 so its actually a good 12mph off..Do you think I should have taken just the speedo gear off the sensor and swapped them? cause i just swapped sensor and gear and all... I wish I would have saved it but i stuck it in the tranny and used it for a core not thinking... so now I guess I need to wait for a 5spd to pop up at the junkyard and pull the sensor...

Back