cooling fans 90

stempak

something is very wrong with my system? instead of paying upto a 500+ to take it somewere. I was think of the adjustable kits that are like 90 bucks at spinning wheels etc. has anyone used one inconjunction with the stock fan and can you still get hi and low speed or just one speed?

maybe I have a bad ground. I'll just use it till I figure out whats wrong with the computer?

Last edited:
If the engine fan is not coming on, the temperature sensor is probably fried. Why not replace that first?

That is a kit for the 14" cooling fan that the sell. You could try it on your SC, but it isn't setup for the dual speed fan on the SC.

There are simple ways to test functionality.

If the engine fan is not coming on, the temperature sensor is probably fried. Why not replace that first?

THE SENSOR IS GOOD THE IRCM IS GOOD WHEN I PLUG:rolleyes: THE HARNESS TO THE IRCM IN HALF WAY I GOT POWER TO THE LOW SPEED BUT WHEN I PLUG IT ALL THE WAY TO WERE THE FUEL AND EVERYTHING KICKS ON THERE IS NO POWER TO THE FAN/FANS

OK YOU DID NOT SPECIFY WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT YOU DIDNT WANT A SWITCH AND NO IT ISNT JERRY RIGGED IT LOOKES AND PERFORMED JUST FINE!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU LIKE MY RUN ON SENTENCE IT WORKS BETTER IF YOU DONT ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS AND MAYBE BE A LITTLE NICER TO THE PEOPLE TRYING TO HELP YOU:rolleyes:

That is a kit for the 14" cooling fan that the sell. You could try it on your SC, but it isn't setup for the dual speed fan on the SC.

There are simple ways to test functionality.

HOW DO I TEST? WHEN I HAVE THE HARNESS HALF WAY PLUGED IN TO THE IRCM THE FAN WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD WITH THE SENSOR UNPLUGED BUT WHEN THE HARNESS IS FULLY PLUGED TO WERE THE CAR WILL RUN POWER DROPS TO THE FAN/FANS.

Harness may be damage. I had an connector melted like that once. Had to replace the section.

Typing in all capitals is considered yelling by the way.

I had the caps lock on. And was trying to double task and didn't care at the time. I didn't know it was considered yelling. I currently have it 2 a switch unfortunately my 86k 2nd owner diamond has been basicly totaled thanks to the carport. But I still use it for work till I figure out what to do with it it's still too nice to junk or part out really. I have to find somebody mostlikely to fix it. unfortunately, I have to use it to drive 20miles a day and a switch is a pain in the A$$. this is not some car with a blower motor in it. also my girlfriend won't drive it because I have not fixed the windshield yet.

PS. I have a tv, bells and whistles and would like my car JERRY RIGGED correctly. in other words my hand is on the wheel and the other the remote or putting cd's in.

Last edited:
Harness may be damage. I had an connector melted like that once. Had to replace the section.

Typing in all capitals is considered yelling by the way.

Were do I need to look on the harness? at the pins themselves?

theres not any thing wrong with using an of after-market Electric fan/fans, that are adjustable, some will adjust from 160 - 240 degrees.
as long as it meets the cars requirment

Ya i'm sure it will work fine but getting both speeds I would have to run 2 kits and that would be about 200. Midas well take it somewere?

not trying to sound like a smart-*ss, but if a single speed, keeps the car cool, don't worry about a 2 speed setup.

i've really never heard the fan run that often any-way at least on mine, how-ever i have'nt/don't use/d, the air in the car either during the summer, and i live in the same area, as you -no heat related issue's as of yet

for me at least, any mod that i do, and that will keep me from having to go back and fix it again down the road is a plus...

i did'nt buy the car, for it to be a collectable, and it isnt...it's a so-so clean car, it's straight and runs very well, for what it is, i got it, to have a fun car to drive, and to save a little fuel, in consideration of what i was driving (bb440car).

and no i don't want things jimmy'ed in either, i want to do it once and be done with it...ford did'nt always have a better idea as they say : lol

napa sells a sweet kit for 40dollars it uses a probe that you put 3" under the inlet of the radiator.it attaches clean and nice. it uses a relay it can run 2 fans it say's but if it turns both fans on at the same time it will fry one or the other. Anyways I will be able to atleast run or the other. Or possibly use 2kits for 80bucks. I will find out how it works. it also hooks into the a/c like the computer. It is very compact and small just a relay the probe and some flexable wiring a little thinner than the fans wiring. Definately something that can be a clean hidden install:)

Back