keep stock boost and aftermarket ?

89tird

i like the oem look of the stock boost gauge, but can i also run another boost gauge in the a pillar ? like if i use a t connection to run both ?

thanks for the quick answer ! :D , i just asked because i got another cluster with an autometer boost in the stock boost location looks good but the speedometer and rpms dont work so i didnt want to drill my other cluster.

btw will having two boost gauges mess with the reading of either or ?

Is there any benefit to running and aftermarket boost gauge or tach. I know oil and temp is good but what about the rest?

From what I have read almost every tach reads low, ~400.
I have 2 boost gauges and they don't read the same. If I remember correctly at vaccum they are off 2-3.

i was surprised when i hooked up the autometer on its own, it would read the same as the stock gauge , but dont know about both being connected

i was surprised when i hooked up the autometer on its own, it would read the same as the stock gauge , but dont know about both being connected

It won't matter if you tee both gauges to read off the same vacuum line, but it may be eaiser to tap into something else with a vacuum tee on the back of the return plenum for the aftermarket gauge, because the boost gauge line is a small diameter hard nylon hose.

David

thanks for the quick answer ! :D , i just asked because i got another cluster with an autometer boost in the stock boost location looks good but the speedometer and rpms dont work so i didnt want to drill my other cluster.

btw will having two boost gauges mess with the reading of either or ?

are the two items bad why not just replace them with your working guages, they shouldnt need any mods to replace the bad ones with the working ones.

the old cluster reads 50000 miles less than mines , dont know how to roll it forward though ?:confused:

I like the autometer becuse it has actual graduations between the numbers and it will go above 15 psi. I just ran mine from a T and the stock gauge reads pretty much the same.

With a little work you can put an autometer boost gauge in place of the stock boost gauge. It could still look like factory and be more accurate and have a higher pressure capicity

Ken

I have the stock boost gauge operational.
And the aftermarket on the pod. The stock one is in a great location for seeing engine drivability, When in vac and accelerating. But if I need to see 23PSI I look up to the real gauge. :)

I have the stock boost gauge operational.
And the aftermarket on the pod. The stock one is in a great location for seeing engine drivability, When in vac and accelerating. But if I need to see 23PSI I look up to the real gauge. :)

And what does wrapping the stock guage around the peg at 23 lbs of boost do for the accuracy of the stock gauge. I am surprised it works after awhile:rolleyes:

And what does wrapping the stock guage around the peg at 23 lbs of boost do for the accuracy of the stock gauge. I am surprised it works after awhile:rolleyes:

It goes back to 0 and Vac is accurate/ I dunno.

Did you get your bearings for your 23psi hampsters.

It goes back to 0 and Vac is accurate/ I dunno.

Did you get your bearings for your 23psi hampsters.

Yes I got them this morning and like everygood vender of mine they shipped the wrong thing.:( I guess I will see if they can get it right the second time. Next time you see me, look and see if there is a large black cloud directly over my head

Ken

switching the miles on the odometer is easy. Pull the cluster, take the glass off, and you can actually pull the speedometer straight out of the cluster. From there, you remove some small screws until you get down to it. Just dig in, and you wont go wrong. Take your time. The speedo needle just pulls straight off.

Back