5-Speed Guys check this out

1BADSC

First I just want to say hello to everyone here. I have been viewing the site for about 4 years now and have never posted becasue I never wanted to pay the fee. Anyhow I have an 89 SC 5 speed white with blue cloth. Mods include 10% overdrive, cold air intake, 3.08 gears, b&m ripper, LUK clutch, scp exhaust without mufflers, custom chip, ported and polished heads, and 32,000 miles. I have been through 3 M5R2's. I found a guy who does many M5R2's and can send one out to you for 825 and he pays for shipping. He says his guy does some work to ensure that they can take more of a beating. I just thought you guys might want to check him out, mine will be here on tuesday so I will let everyone know how it goes. call 1-800-324-8960 and ask for Ron. I am glad to be on board. Scya guys later. You can reach me on AIM my name is Sccrvette L82

3 blow trannies

The first one was factory junk, the second one from ford Free of charge was poor construction. The factory shifter has no shifter stops and I pulled the shifter too hard too many times and broke the rod connecting the linkage inside of the tranny and I broke the shifter, it just flopped around, the rod took teeth out of all of the gear clusters. So then I got a 50,000 mile tranny out of my firends car. It was in and we had a party up on my campus he brought down two of his buddies with their SC's and we had some conversation lubrication in us (beer). So now we have 3 SC's, beer, digital camcorder, and a 150 space empty parking lot outside of our dorm. 3.am. We started doing hole shots and burnouts and I missed the 1-2 and 2-3 shift at 6000RPMs and took out the syncros. Then the cops came and tried to scare us but ended up talking to us about some hot cars they had and how much they liked the look of the SC, and the fact that they could hear us halfway across the campus. LOL. Anyway they made us repaint the parking lot and that was it we all walked away happy. So after breaking those ones I decided to get one done the right way. I am also looking into a custom Richmond 6 speed. I will let you guys know how it goes.

The worst I've done to one is to miss 3rd gear and then have it go back into 1st when I forced it into gear after the miss. No harm done thanks to a fast clutch foot. I wear out the 3rd gear blockers in mine. Since I've learned how to rebuild one though I'm doing them myself. I've got a spare that needs new blockers now and I'll rebuild it in the next month or so. It's actually not very hard to rebuild one of these now that I know how to do it.

just dont understand it...

Why is it always the 3rd gear blockers? Had it rebuilt the first time after 140k, and then only 3k later, the 3rd gear syncro went out AGAIN. They rebuilt it again for free, but all in all it's cost me $2200 so far. Isn't there anything we can do to make these things more bulletproof???

I believe that there's a wider gap between the 2nd and 3rd gears than the others and the blocker has to work extra hard to slow down the gear to match the speed of the synchro cluster. My 3rd gear brass blocker was really chewed up from crunching on speed shifts. I guess it all depends on how the fiber layer is on any given blocker ring. I'm really glad I learned how to rebuild one, considering.

Back