PDA

View Full Version : Sweeet 90 visit

the-big-e
03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
While I was visiting my folks over in Clearwater, I was able to go visit Rick and his family over in Leesburg......

He will probably be getting both hips replaced at the same time, as soon as Medicare gets all the paperwork straight......

Flip
03-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Good to see he is doing ok (Except for the hips:() wish he would stop in here and say Hi sometime. Should have called you Eddie, the week just flew by.
Flip

SuperChicken89
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the update on Rick, Ed. Glad to hear he is doing OK. I'm with Flip, it would be nice if he droped by every once and a while for an update.

Bryan

the-big-e
03-16-2008, 10:06 PM
He would, but he isn't allowed to drive right now.....

He was in an accident when his hip locked up and he could not hit the brakes.....:eek:

Lucky he didn't get hurt, but his truck was totaled.....

Sweet90SC
03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Think he was reffering to here Eddie...:D As usual it was awsome to see you again we all had a really super evening.....Yes Krysten is still trying to juggle..;) I like that pic I hid my cane well behind my back along with leaning on Carla I'm lookin pretty good in it... Eddie is right I am having both hips done at once...we are looking at 4 to 5 weeks now... Sorry I haven't been on here much guys but as Eddie can attest I am in constant miserable pain and The percocet 10 aint cutting it anymore.... I let you all know before I go in..
Thanks Eddie!!

the-big-e
03-18-2008, 06:46 PM
:p My bad.....:rolleyes:

Cobra85
03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
The percocet 10 aint cutting it anymore....

Percocet 10 /15 or 20, you need to stop in and say hi. We all are concerned.

Na, I lied just to cheer you up :eek:

Hurry and get them jernts replaced. You'll feel like a new man once done.

Sweet90SC
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Thats what everyone says Glen...about a 95% improvement

Hey Eddie wheres your pool shootin pics man!!;)

Flip
03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Rick,
You and the family look good. You should be good to go after the Hip replacement. (A bi—th to get I’m sure). Hope you can get them done as quickly as possible. Stop in and hi sometimes whenever you can. We should have a SC meet up there sometime so everyone can see you. Since it’s easier for us to travel then you. Sorry to hear about the truck.. But glad you were not hurt.

Flip

the-big-e
03-19-2008, 07:19 PM
His front yard is big enough to hold quite a few SCs.....

Here's the rest of the pictures....

onequiksc
03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
All my best Rick, here's hoping some relief is just around the corner. :)

ThunderDave
05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
We're going to be in Orlando next week from the 11th to the 18th, but the wife is planning so much for us to do, don't know if I'll have a spare minute to breath. Mapquest says Rick is only about an hour away from Orlando. Don't know if I'll have time, but would be nice to visit if I did.

Anyone in Orlando?

Flip
05-05-2008, 10:19 AM
We're going to be in Orlando next week from the 11th to the 18th, but the wife is planning so much for us to do, don't know if I'll have a spare minute to breath. Mapquest says Rick is only about an hour away from Orlando. Don't know if I'll have time, but would be nice to visit if I did.

Anyone in Orlando?

Hey, I'm in West Orlando. Where are you guys staying?

Flip

ThunderDave
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=737021#post737021

Sweet90SC
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Anyone in Orlando?

Hey David
I sure am sorry we missed you I havn't been spending enough time here lately and missed the whole thing. next time your down if you cant get the condo you are more than welcome to stay here it's about a 40 min drive from my house to disneys front gate. I sure hope you guys had a great time here despite the tranny hicup...Next time your gonna be down tell Eddie (Big-e) to give me a call so I wont miss it. Take care..
Rick

the-big-e
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Seems like every time one of us NC boys comes down to Florida, we end up with trans troubles.......:p

ThunderDave
05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Despite the tranny troubles and my sore back problems being aggrivated by all the roller coasters my wife made me ride, I do highly recommend "The Shiekra" at Busch Gardens in Tampa. What a wild ride! :eek: :D

the-big-e
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
It wasn't in operation the last time I was there.....:mad:

Did you get to ride the Everest Expedition coaster or the hang glider simulator.....:D

garsc
05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I've lived in Tampa since I was 9 years old and havent ridden any of them in fact the last time I was at Busch Gardens they didnt have rides.:eek: All they had was beer and birds.:D

ThunderDave
05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
It wasn't in operation the last time I was there.....:mad:

Did you get to ride the Everest Expedition coaster or the hang glider simulator.....:D

We rode Everest, Shiekra, Mantu (I think that's how it was spelled), Space Mountain, The Kracken, and a few others. The wooden track coaster at BG is what hurt my back, I think. :mad: That thing beat the crap out of me. :eek: We didn't do Soarin'. :(

the-big-e
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
:mad: That thing beat the crap out of me. :eek:

I went to 6 Flags Mid-America and road the Great American Scream Machine and it beat the living hell out of me.....

I thought I broke a rib.....:eek:

Sweet90SC
05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't even imagine me getting on a roller coaster...I'd think come off on a coma.:eek:

the-big-e
05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Rick, you can be my partner at any amusement park....

We'll put you in a wheel chair and go straight to the front of the line, like Carlos Mencia did in one of his stand-up routines.....;)

Sweet90SC
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Actually we did that at Disney and it works you go strait to the front. You also get a park mobile to ride around in all day...beats walking that whole park.:D

Miller
05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
the scream machine is brutal. The shoulder pads are way to tall and you smash your head against them .. I think they made that when they were drunk bc even on strait lines your heads slamming everywhere

Flip
05-24-2008, 08:09 AM
You theme park people are great, thank god you guys come into town to play at the parks. But being around them full time for the last 26 years the last thing we want to do is go to a theme park. I remember when my boys were growing up they hated going to the parks.:D They would get all upset if I suggested we go out there (And we got in free.) The only one they really liked was Sea World because of the animals.

But like I said thanks for coming and please come back soon.

the-big-e
05-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll never loose my drive for thrill rides....

We have a looping coaster here at Carowinds called Top Gun that loops twice, does an awesome batwing maneuver (flips you over twice), two barrel rolls, and a heartline roll.....

I have a season pass and get in for early ride time...

I rode it 14 times in a row, had to change seats a few times.....:D

ThunderDave
05-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh Seaworld was great. We got there just in time for the "Shamu" show and we got seats in the soak zone. :eek: Two of our sons and my wifes mom got "soaked". :D Shamu had come around to our side of the tank and splashed his tail. That was a lot of water going through the air. My wife and I were sitting right beside them and only got a few sprinkles. :rolleyes: :cool:

Sweet90SC
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Dave!:eek:... You let your mother in-law get splashed with Shamu poo and pee water!!!... Alright!:D... way to go man!...:D:D:D

ThunderDave
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Dave!:eek:... You let your mother in-law get splashed with Shamu poo and pee water!!!... Alright!:D... way to go man!...:D:D:D

My wife took a pic or two of them right after the drenching. When she gets them loaded on the computer, I'll post them. :D

ThunderDave
06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Here's a pic of them after being splashed. Don't know if that pic was Shamu or not, my wife took them.