PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2008!!!!

XxSlowpokexX
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
As requested...

The official Carlisle Thread for NY.
\
I plan on leaving sometime friday morning from College Point in Queens (11356)...Right near i95/Whitestone bridge.

When do yall plan on going???

Here is the link

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ford/index.asp

When you register sign up as SCCOA for your club

Also for Friday night we as a club were invited to an all thunderbird show and cruise friday night.

June 6, 2008 Carlisle, PA - Friday Evening - Thunderbird ONLY Cruise-In/Show at Family Ford 170 York Road! Family Ford will again open its lot to ALL Thunderbird Owners & Enthusiasts for a Cruise-In and Show 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm after the days events at the 2007 ALL Ford Nationals at Carlisle. What more could one ask for Free Food, Free Entry, trophies and Thunderbird owners flocking together! Don Holton e-mail: topsdown@holtononline.com

I'll start a List here

1) Damon (DamonSlowpokeBaumann)- Queens leaving Friday morning
June 6th-Carliesle Hotel

f1rocco
03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I have signed up.......

Im in...Listed SCCoA and the full club name as well..I havent booked a hotel and passed on camping.....

I too want to be down there for the Friday night cruise..Probably Friday morning for me.....

Im thinking my best route is down NY390 South to 86 into PA...

Yippee.............

F1rocco

XxSlowpokexX
03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
dude better get a hotel asap...They sell out quick..SCCOA treis the carlisle hotel or teh super 8 next door....If not youll miss all the fun!

f1rocco
03-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Got an address for the Hotel...

Seems to be a few different variations of Hotel Motel Carlisle....Then theres Super 6..Super 8......

I too likez to have fun and wouldnt wanna miss and after dinner refreshment....

J

NY90RedSC
03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
What are we looking at for the cost of a room per night? I would love to go down if I can get either of the SC's running good between now and then. What are the dates?

XxSlowpokexX
03-17-2008, 12:09 AM
June 6-8...You need to check hotels in the area.. We normally share rooms to cut costs

f1rocco
03-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Street address in the area we should be looking at Hotels or Motels....Ill book tonight.....Or at least check.......

Do they sell PBRz in Carlisle

J

XxSlowpokexX
03-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Think of thousands of Fords...Hundreds of Vendors..Hundreds of cars for sale..hundreds of people selling stuff....Its huge

Stay here

http://www.hotelcarlisle.com/

Or here if you can

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-369031-action-pictures-super_8_motel-i;_ylt=AsLjdaxY9wBWrkECIwnouUTiphQB

f1rocco
03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Geeze Hotel Carlisle looks a little to fancy for me...

I can book a room with two beds for $132..3 people toal.....This covers Friday and Saturday and Checkout on Sunday.......I have to see who I will be going down with.......Might be solo.....I gotta check in with my Mustang buddy..........

Thanks for the post and updates....

J

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm actually staying in a place for free on that saturday night, you guys should do the same.

My Car :D

XxSlowpokexX
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh your doing a Miller....Dont go begging to use my shower now...Im going to let all you guys stink like expensive beer and cheap women

XxSlowpokexX
03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
All hotels cost a bit more during teh show...Hotel Carlisle isnt all that fancy..I actually book through orbits or priceline...Look for best value

Either hotel is good they ar enext to one another

f1rocco
03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm actually staying in a place

My Car :D

Might be right next to you in mine.......

Im still going to Carlisle but just found out the Watkins Glen date I wanted to run my SC in is June 2nd and 3rd Monday and Tuesday.......Another $300-500.....This will be tons of fun for just 1 week..

F1

**EDIT** Scratch the Glen date...$420...They have another date in August Ill shoot for......

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Which one do i register for, the one that cost $40?

f1rocco
03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Which one do i register for, the one that cost $40?

Thats the one I did.....

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-17-2008, 11:26 PM
ok good me too!!

I sure hope i can make it because i just paid lol

XxSlowpokexX
03-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Even if you dont plan on showing your car you are best to enter the showfeild..That way you can park there..Its cheaper to do it that way then park off site and walk then pay to get in

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-18-2008, 07:18 PM
but i do plan on showing my car, which one should i enter?

NY90RedSC
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
but i do plan on showing my car, which one should i enter?

The one that looks the best! :D

f1rocco
03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
The one that looks the best! :D

What does this mean......Something my ex would say....j/k

I did the 2 mods one $40....Not sure either...

Said dyno pull and some other things....Figured if it had a dyno thing I should be inside the fences somewhere...

Dunno

XxSlowpokexX
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Ya you want to enter showfeild..Mods go by cosmetics..Chances are though we will be competing modded cars against stock anyway. Depeand on teh amount of pre registartion.

2 years ago was poor so last year they clumped 93's with 94-95's....Apparently they have no idea.. I STILL WON FIRST THOUGH!....Hopefully Ira and Rico dont represent hahaha.....But I have a trick up my sleave.....ayahhhhh

The trick to wining is showing up early!

Yes they have a dyno..Be nice if there was a high hp SC to show off

KwikGSeX
03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Pickin up my hotel rooms this weekend.. Entering the SC in the show... Im trying to convince Jr to register and insure the car so we can drive it that weekend :) Unless someone has a dealer plate we can borrow :D

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes they have a dyno..Be nice if there was a high hp SC to show off

I will do my best.... :D

XxSlowpokexX
03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Dennis. The guy in Philly that parted out the same color car in mint condition has a trunk and rear bumper I believe with mint paint and said hed deliver to carlisle if anyone was interested.....May be worth it for you guys

And for go karting. Put us down for 3 people. Unsure about Miller but me paul and my buddy tommy want in..YOUR BUDDY TOMMY hahahahaa!

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Damon what did you mean getting their early is the best way to win? I didn't plan on showing up until Saturday afternoon like around 1 or 2 :mad:. And whats this go karting business you speak of.

NY90RedSC
03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I really wish the snow would go away so I could get to work on my friggin cars! I have two SC's just begging to be worked on but we keep getting hit with cold weather and snow and ice. :mad:
I'm trying to decide which car I should concentrate my efforts on to get ready for Carlisle. I can either go with the red sc that has crappy paint and needs an exhaust, e-brake cables, and brakes all the way around, or I could try to get the titanium SC going with a possible motor swap and replacing the front bumper cover. I'm leary of the titanium car though simply because I haven't had it running since I bought it and I don't want to get stranded with it somewhere between here and Carlisle... Decision, decisions... :confused:

Ira R.
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I really wish the snow would go away so I could get to work on my friggin cars! I have two SC's just begging to be worked on but we keep getting hit with cold weather and snow and ice. :mad:
I'm trying to decide which car I should concentrate my efforts on to get ready for Carlisle. I can either go with the red sc that has crappy paint and needs an exhaust, e-brake cables, and brakes all the way around, or I could try to get the titanium SC going with a possible motor swap and replacing the front bumper cover. I'm leary of the titanium car though simply because I haven't had it running since I bought it and I don't want to get stranded with it somewhere between here and Carlisle... Decision, decisions... :confused:

Be smart. Successful road trips require only that you adhere to the two basic rules of traveling:

Rule #1 - get there.
Rule #2 - get home.

Anything beyond that is gravy.

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Are you going to be at Carisle Ira?

f1rocco
03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
And for go karting. Put us down for 3 people. Unsure about Miller but me paul and my buddy tommy want in..YOUR BUDDY TOMMY hahahahaa!

Ill whip you all sign me up....Ill send whoever a money order Friday......

XxSlowpokexX
03-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Actually its almost a first come first served basis....And Dennis is teh on ethat takes care of it generally.

The show feild starts saturday....So teh earlier you get ther eteh more peopl ethat see your car...The better chance you have to win..Last year I won first and got there normal time..

Year before I got there with only a few hours left of judging and won second...Not saying thats why I won ...However there were about four times as many cars in my class last year then the year before...

Imm atelllin ya

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-21-2008, 01:40 AM
whats "normal" time?

Ira R.
03-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Are you going to be at Carisle Ira?

It's on the calender.

Of course, it's on the calender every year and I've missed the last couple so we'll see.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
03-21-2008, 09:12 AM
The web site tells you when the judging starts and its over by 4....Now I noticed that people start judging earlier then the event says...So if they say 12-4..People are out there at 10 judging. Check the website and they should say when judging starts

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
hmmmmmmmm if only i wasn't 6 hours away, i'm pretty sure 12 is the earliest i'm gonna make it there.

KwikGSeX
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Dennis. The guy in Philly that parted out the same color car in mint condition has a trunk and rear bumper I believe with mint paint and said hed deliver to carlisle if anyone was interested.....May be worth it for you guys

Tommy can lick my hairy one.. And my shaved one.. I still hold a grudge for the $600 he stole from me for that junk piece of garbage SC motor he sold to me.. And then had his faggot a$$ boys threaten me online and then come to my house when i told him i was gonna kick his a$$ for sellin me a junk motor. Bitch wouldnt even get out of the car that night.

I will not sign him up and if he happens to get on the track he better watch out cause 320lbs of Big Fat Greek Gyro WILL get thrown off the track when i run his bitch ~~~ head on. Multiple times. Oh and if 1 aint enough the other 320lb member of FKR will also have it out for him.. Simply because I want him to :)

As far as the trunk.. Hmm it might be worth it but the entire car might get a paint job next year so we shall see.. I gotta talk to Jr.

Miller
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Of corse im down for the karting. im going there, for the karting. I will be showing up there probably 1 or 2:00pm, in time for the burnout contest... then the rest of the nights festivities...i shall be bringing a wingman with me too... maybe a few wings..sleeping in car again too

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I too will have a wingman, mostly cuz i need someone 21 to buy me many burs jk jk (according to Miller the trick is to get drunk enough so sleeping in the car won't be a big deal) :D I can only fit one winger though cuz the kid is 6'5 and takes up the front seat and the seat behind him, and the other seat holds my system.

I feel like taking Mr. Damon's title as well :D

Miller
03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
your not taking a title with a busted up bumper son..

and you have your system, in your back seat ? ghetto ?

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Busted up Bumper?!?!?! Miller but u the one with skilllzzzz that killllzzzzzzzzzzzz lol i know i know i need new bumpers

And the system isnt in back seat, just the amp is screwed into the back of the folded down seat, subs in the trunk sonny.

wingzeroac195
03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
hey guys, new at this have a 1993 thunderbird SC with little mod. and I would like to go there but do not know too much about this event, would like to show my car, used to be in the VA SC club and move to northern NJ. any advice?

XxSlowpokexX
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
my advice is sign up!Q!!!! get a hotel room..And go for it!

Dennis,

The funny thing is and I didnt know you back then..That motor ran fine when he pulled it out..Other then that I have no idea what Greeks do when they are mad at one another! And you know I wouldnt lie about that...

See you should sign Tommy up so you can wreak Greek Fury on him and get teh grudge out..Heck Ill help! hahaha

f1rocco
03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
To those that have signed up there is a new post running in the NON TECH section.....Please represent here and the non tech if your going and signed up.....Talkers are Talkers.....

Represent the NY Tribe....

Rocco

KwikGSeX
03-27-2008, 02:35 AM
To those that have signed up there is a new post running in the NON TECH section.....Please represent here and the non tech if your going and signed up.....Talkers are Talkers.....

Represent the NY Tribe....

Rocco

Who you kidding bro? The NY Crew has not missed a Carlisle Event since 2000.. Lets see if the n00bs can walk the walk.. LoL

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-27-2008, 02:46 AM
I willl be the noob walking the walk at carlisle this year son! ;)

Hopefully i will have something special lol :D

f1rocco
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Im in good shape so far......Heads are back and rest of the parts will be here in a week........Car wont be too pretty nor too fast...But Ill be there....

F1

f1rocco
03-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Got my confirmation letter today from Carlisle....

Says "Showfield-Pre" on it....No signs of SCCoA listed....Kind of a generic Confirmation letter though....

Cool just the same.........

F1

XxSlowpokexX
03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
When you sign up onsite tell them SCCOA

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
no no no damon, don't say SCCOA, say Super Coupe Club of America. They don't want abbreviations.

Anyway who wants to let the poor kid sleep on their hotel room floor? :D

XxSlowpokexX
03-28-2008, 04:13 PM
$150 (maybe a tad less) gets you a bed for two days!

f1rocco
03-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Anyway who wants to let the poor kid sleep on their hotel room floor? :D

If you dont find a floor....We will find something fun to do......Im not motelin it unless it rains.......Ill keep the $150 for drinks and chicks....Id rather Camp.......

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-29-2008, 05:02 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaa camping nice......i will bring a sleeping bag, jack up my car, sit it on jack stands, and just sleep under it.

Miller
03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I used to call asleep under my car all the time

f1rocco
04-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I too want to be down there for the Friday night cruise..Probably Friday morning for me.....

Im thinking my best route is down NY390 South to 86 into PA...

Yippee.............

F1rocco

I just had to get a new job and it appears my work week starts on Sundays from now to eternity...Sunday-Wednesday 12 hour days..I didnt plan on this one..Dish Network...So Looks Like I will be arriving 8am Friday and leaving Saturday around 6pm to come back home...

Im still working the bugs out from my rebuilt..Loose rocker arm and a timing issue....She still smokes her tires and can do 1 heck of a 180 degree whipper..

So Im still at it and plan to go....But might miss a few of you Sunday only folk..

F1

ELSC
05-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, signed up last night looks like Hotel Carlisle is booked , so I am staying at the super 8. If everything works out I will be leaving Thursday night.

XxSlowpokexX
05-04-2008, 03:37 AM
oh.....I better get my car real clean for this year! Two Teal 94's..Watchout!

ELSC
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
My first time there, is there anything club related going on?

Ira R.
05-04-2008, 10:37 PM

The weekend is all about the cars and the various "clubs" that will be there. So it depends I guess on what you consider "club related". I think you will find that there is something for everyone.

Ira

ricardoa1
05-05-2008, 10:44 AM

Late night parking lot parties is what it is all about. :D

chadder1313
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Its a real good time. Ive already booked a room at Hotel Carlisle so i cant wait.

ELSC
05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Late night parking lot parties is what it is all about. :D

That's what I wanted to know, see what you did! I wasn't going, ordered wheels on Saturday, hopefully they will be here by the end of the week.

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
I wish i wasn't poor and could afford to stay in a hotel...damnit

What would u pick: Beer and food? or starve and hotel room?

ricardoa1
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I wish i wasn't poor and could afford to stay in a hotel...damnit

What would u pick: Beer and food? or starve and hotel room?

Camp out there, thats what did last year. You get to camp out in the back of the field. I hung out in the hotel parking lots till the party died then I drove to fairgrounds and slept in my tent.

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet c u there ha

Or we could just not let the party die down ;)

MagpoweredSC
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Camp out there, thats what did last year. You get to camp out in the back of the field. I hung out in the hotel parking lots till the party died then I drove to fairgrounds and slept in my tent.

You can also camp at the field owned by the fire hall and you have no space size limitations. It is located right out either gate 5 or 6 (the gates by the car corral area), this way you dont have to carry parts all day and you can eat lunch at the campsite and save $$$, that is unless $4.50 for a soda :eek: seems reasonable too you. We have done this for the last 4 years and has been worth every penny (except for the rain of course :rolleyes:)

BLOWN38
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
You noobs will soon find out... CARLISLE is the BEST!!!!! All night parties keg stands out of the trunk of a SC on the fairgrounds!

F1Rocco come down for thursday night if you want I believe there will be a few of us mid-atlanticers there. Sharing one room for the night at about 20 bucks a head to start the party early.

f1rocco
05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice......Thanks.....

My SC will be on the road May 23rd...Pay day....Dont see why I couldnt make it....Just need an ECT sensor and get my fan working...Tighten my power steering line...And take a look at my brakes..Put a 100 miles on it and see how it goes.....

Only other issue is I bought the car from PA...It needs a notoray down there to sign over the title...In NY I dont need it......I didnt get it notorized down there cause we were after hours picking her up......Hopefully NYS doesnt give me lip...

But if all goes good I will defintely be hookin up with your crew Thursday...Probably leave 14609 @ 4am Thursday..

Thanks for the love...

Rocco