PDA

View Full Version : HD Poly Motor Mount Interest**In stock**

Chuck W
03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Just checking to see the interest in me doing another batch of my poly motor mounts as described HERE (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721353#post721353).

I've had a couple people contact me, but not enough to warrant a batch as of yet.

Details/pricing/etc are still the same.

Realistically I wouldn't be able to start on them until sometime next month. Demand for my stuff has been pretty high the past couple months, so I'm busy trying to keep up.

Post interest in this thread for now. When I get to the point of "orders", instructions will follow.

ricardoa1
03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Still working great one year later. Great product.

Chuck have you had time to look into the IRS subframe mounts? I know there was talk of them on TCCOa.com but nothing seem to have come out for it.

superdadsc
03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Chuck, count me in for a pair unless I need it sooner. I am probably a month away which probably means two if you know what I mean:eek:

Chuck W
03-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Chuck have you had time to look into the IRS subframe mounts? I know there was talk of them on TCCOa.com but nothing seem to have come out for it.

I know...I'm slow sometimes....:o I have been VERY busy though the past few months, mostly with this stuff, so that's good I suppose.

Chuck W
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Well obviously there's not that much interest.

XR7 Dave
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I would take a set. I prefer the softer material.

ricardoa1
03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
It might help to know what is the minimum requirement for a run. ;)

Black89XR7
03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
I would take a set for my 89.

Chuck W
03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
It might help to know what is the minimum requirement for a run. ;)

If I can get confirmed interest for 4-5 sets, then that is enough.

SCTBIRD1173
03-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Count me in for a set Chuck. I'll also talk to my buddy and see if he would like a set.

Chuck W
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Well let me get caught up on a couple things and then I'll post up instructions for placing orders.

Keep posting interest so I can gauge quantity.

Thanks

IkeyM
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I will take a set made of the softer material also.

nanatothesixth
03-26-2008, 06:19 PM
i will also take a set.

gmonie6
03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I'll take a set of the softer ones

joenintiesc
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Count me in for a set Chuck. I'll also talk to my buddy and see if he would like a set.

Ok, he talked me into it! I'd get a set, but not sure yet if for the softer or harder ones...

Chuck W
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, give me a few days to get my laser order organized and then I'll post info back up.

SCTBIRD1173
04-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Chuck,

I'm going to speak to my other friend I sold my 94 to and see if he also would like a set.

Thanks!

Chuck W
04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
OK, I put in a laser order for 10 sets. I'll post back up ordering info when I have the parts in hand and am welding them up.

If you are the impatient type, or for certain want a set, shoot me an email (cwarren@indy.net)

FYI, pricing shipped will be $175US/$190 Canada.

Thanks

Chuck W
05-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Ok, well obviously no one was impatient. :p

Anyway, I have the lasered bits in hand and will start welding on them very soon. If you are interested in placing an order, you need to shoot me an email (cwarren@indy.net) and let me have your shipping info, car year and bushing stiffness you want (stiff or soft, both of which are stiffer than stock).
The total is $175/shipped in the US and $190/shipped to Canada.
Payments can be by Paypal (cwarren@indy.net) or MO ( Chuck Warren, 5413 E 20th Place, Indianapolis, IN, 46218).

No money is needed just yet, but confirmations are as I need to get the bushings ordered, and will do so based on what I need for orders.

Thanks!

Chuck W
05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Well I guess if I don't get any confirmed orders I'm not going to be in a rush to weld these up.

joenintiesc
05-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Placing my order in a day or two!

Chuck W
05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Well, as mentioned, to place an order, all I need is the info listed above in an email. No money is going to be needed for a couple weeks yet.
I just need confirmed orders so I can get the bushings on order ASAP.

XR7 Dave
05-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Well I guess if I don't get any confirmed orders I'm not going to be in a rush to weld these up.

Chuck,

Your order process was a little confusing. I think many people (based on GP's that I've run in the past) post that they want something and then never come back until the buy is over and then they wonder what happened..... I'm also not on email notification for threads so I can easily miss an update. I'd personally rather just send in my money on day one and let you figure out when you are going to ship, but that's just me. I sent my confirmation in today.

Chuck W
05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Well I don't necessarily do "group buys" on my stuff, I do them in batches (I have 10 different style mounts and some with multiple configurations). I also pretty much refuse to do "business" via PMs and posts in threads (too high of a flake factor). This is why I post that if you are interested in a set that you send me an email. That way people are kept apprised of the status of the batch and they also get the info on payments, etc. It is also easier for me to keep track of everybody since I list mounts on multiple sites.

I also don't like to have people's money for any longer than I have to, thus why I wait for payments. Some people like to send it right off the bat, which is fine and that is there prerogative. They'll get theirs shipped first as I ship in order of payments received.

Anyway, I got your confirmation email. Thanks.

SCTBIRD1173
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Sent my confirmation email

Thanks again Chuck!

Chuck W
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I will be ordering bushing on Mon based on confirmed orders (I have only 4 at this time). usual turnaround on bushing orders is 2 weeks.

If you are wanting to get in on this bunch that "should" ship by the end of the month, you need to get me your confirmation email by the end of the weekend.

Thanks

Chuck W
05-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok, well I am going to get my PO together for my bushing order by 10PM tonight (Eastern time). Still only 4 confirmed orders out of all the folks who said they were interested.

Mike8675309
05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
come on guys... confirm your orders. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but at the Dyno yesterday, I saw some motors moving quite a bit in their engine compartment. they didn't have these mounts.

Mine did. It was well contained. I am a fan of these mounts.

Chuck W
05-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Wound up with 5 confirmed orders and ordered bushings accordingly.

Orders placed after this may have to wait on more bushings. Still have the hard parts for 5 more sets.

Chuck W
05-19-2008, 08:18 AM
For those that confirmed orders, things are still on track for shipping by the end of the month. The welding was finished over the weekend, and after some clean-up the parts will be off to the platers this week.

Chuck W
06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Paid orders have shipped and I still have a handful of sets available.

Kurt K
06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Paid orders have shipped and I still have a handful of sets available.Received mine yesterday....still haven't opened the box.

IkeyM
06-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Payment sent via paypal.

XxSlowpokexX
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Just wanted to give Chuck a few more thumbs up. Back and forth top CArlisle PA this weekend no issues. Also saw a bunch of Turbocoupes with his mounts ...All of which the owners loved them. You will feel a bit more vibration transfered back but well worth it IMO to have a mount that wont rip apart on ya..I have them on my 94sc

ricardoa1
06-11-2008, 04:39 PM
+1 the vibes are not that bad Damon.

SCTBIRD1173
06-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Chuck,

Finally brought these home from work and opened them up... Beautiful! What a masterpiece! Can't wait to put them on my car...

Now I need you to make mounts for my 3.8 Taurus :D

Thanks for everything!

Chuck W
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Still have a couple sets of these available.

wintherbodtker
10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Just checking to see the interest in me doing another batch of my poly motor mounts as described HERE (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721353#post721353).

I've had a couple people contact me, but not enough to warrant a batch as of yet.

Details/pricing/etc are still the same.

Realistically I wouldn't be able to start on them until sometime next month. Demand for my stuff has been pretty high the past couple months, so I'm busy trying to keep up.

Post interest in this thread for now. When I get to the point of "orders", instructions will follow.
i would like to order a pair when available. i am swapping engines in my 1989 SC next week. any chance?

Chuck W
10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Next week?
Sorry but no. I'd be uncommonly lucky to even have my laser parts that quickly if I ordered them now.

If I get enough interest I'd consider another small batch.

Mike8675309
10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Just a note... Another season and about 30-40 trips down the strip and the motor mounts including a best time to date. Chuck makes some really good mounts. Recommended.

Chuck W
11-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Well I've had minimal interest (1 person) so far. I can't justify ordering parts just yet.

ijk001
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Chuck,

I would like a set in the softer material. Do you have enough interest to do a batch soon? I hope so because I need them BAD!!!

Thanks

Well I've had minimal interest (1 person) so far. I can't justify ordering parts just yet.

Chuck W
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
YOu would be interested party #2...I'd still like to have at least a couple more.

95_XR7
11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm interested in a set as well.
I'm gonna go ahead and say a softer set.

Chuck W
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Well I'll probably go ahead and get things together for a laser order for a small batch.

Shoot me an email (cwarren@indy.net) to confirm interest.

Thanks

Chuck W
12-30-2008, 10:00 AM
OK, well I got busy with other things the past month or so and interest was never that high on these.

I am planning on ordering some parts for some other mounts just after the first of the year and could get parts for a few sets of these.

If you had expressed interest and are still interested, shoot me an email again. (cwarren@indy.net)

cmill95
01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
i saw some people are interested in the "softer" sets. is there a large difference in NVH from the soft to the firm? looking at your set you showed on the last thread, they look great. I'm going to need to replace my engine mounts when i replace the front sway bar, so any info on the differences on the firm/soft would help me order the correct ones from you.
thanks

Chuck W
01-01-2009, 05:23 PM
There is some difference between the two, but I can't give you a quantitative value.

Both are stiffer than stock, so there will be some increase over stock either way.

Chuck W
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
OK, I am actually ordering some parts for a handful of these this week. Email me if interested.

cwarren@indy.net

Flex
01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I bought a set of these for my brother's build. The quality is very nice and well worth the cost. I went with the softer set.

Chuck W
01-08-2009, 02:39 PM
As a side note, I'm thinking I'm going to powdercoat this batch to see how it goes. I've been unimpressed with my plater the past couple times.

What does that mean? Well my stock colors are black or grey, but I might consider custom colors (1 step only...no 2 step) for an extra $20/set.

Chuck W
01-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok, I'll finally have my parts from the laser guy tomorrow, so I'll be able to get started on the welding.

I have no confirmed orders though...

XxSlowpokexX
01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Any luck with a tranny mount? Also anyway I can get replacement poly peices?

Chuck W
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I was still waiting on another height measurment, and I haven't gotten it yet to be able to finalize.

Email me on the bushings.

pablon2
01-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Email me on the bushings.

Email sent...............

Chuck W
01-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Welding is in process. Mounts available at pretty much any time.

XxSlowpokexX
01-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I highly reccomend these mounts. Compared to ripping apart even solid ruber ones its a no brainer!,,Chuck I will have something out to you very soon

pablon2
01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Are you taking payments now or when finished? I'm sure the answer lies in one of the posts in the 3 various threads about these mounts, but I am feeling lazy.

Chuck W
01-31-2009, 01:31 AM
Right now I am working my way through a couple hundred pounds of laser-cut steel parts and welding up mounts. I'm putting preference on paid orders at this point.
Shoot me an email for the payment info (or just paypal to that email if that is your intention)

pablon2
02-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Got my mounts today. They sure are purdy. :D Very nice craftsmanship Chuck!

Chuck W
02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Glad you got them OK. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a few sets still available.

pablon2
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Installed the engine with the new motor mounts. The engine is definitely solidly mounted. I cannot wiggle it as I could before with a known good set of mounts. One thing that could be improved on is keeping the mounting bracket from turning sideways. I tried to tighten it, but could not. So, when I was installing the engine with the bracket attached to the block, the bracket would pivot sideways whenever it contacted the mounting points on the crossmember. As many know, attaching the mounts to the subframe and then to the engine is another way of doing it, but my experience has been it is easier to do it the other way.

Chuck W
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I assume you're refering to the lower U-bracket? Most folks don't have much issue I guess as I haven't heard much about that. Yes, there is a little rotational movement in that bracket, but it doesn't affect things once all installed. Hopefully in trying to tighten it up you didn't over-tighten the main center bolt. It should not be tightened until it stops on that center sleeve. Doing so preloads the bushing.

One option, if it's a concern could be to drill and tap say a 1/4" hole in the U-bracket to one side of the main bolt and drill a shallow, corresponding hole into the bottom of the bushing (not all the way through) to act as kind of a stop to keep the U-bracket from rotating.

pablon2
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hopefully in trying to tighten it up you didn't over-tighten the main center bolt. It should not be tightened until it stops on that center sleeve. Doing so preloads the bushing.

One option, if it's a concern could be to drill and tap say a 1/4" hole in the U-bracket to one side of the main bolt and drill a shallow, corresponding hole into the bottom of the bushing (not all the way through) to act as kind of a stop to keep the U-bracket from rotating.

In all honesty, it wouldn't have been an issue if I weren't trying to lower the engine, center the engine while lowering it, and also guiding the U-bracket over the subframe mounting points by myself. As far as tigtening the center bolt, I had a wrench on the bottom and a socket on top. I turned it but felt little to no resistance so I stopped and never got to the point of preloading it onto the center sleeve. At least, that's what I believe had occurred.

Mike8675309
04-16-2009, 10:02 AM
In all honesty, it wouldn't have been an issue if I weren't trying to lower the engine, center the engine while lowering it, and also guiding the U-bracket over the subframe mounting points by myself. As far as tigtening the center bolt, I had a wrench on the bottom and a socket on top. I turned it but felt little to no resistance so I stopped and never got to the point of preloading it onto the center sleeve. At least, that's what I believe had occurred.

When putting an engine back in, I put the mounts on after the engine is almost in the right place. I'll line the motor up with the hoist, then slide the mounts in there and make what adjustments are necessary to the mounts. Then I lower the motor so they almost contact, then use the bolts to pull the mount to the block, and set the motor all the way down.

I can see why you might do it the way you do Paul, as leaning over to tighten those bolts can be hard on your back.

pablon2
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
When putting an engine back in, I put the mounts on after the engine is almost in the right place. I'll line the motor up with the hoist, then slide the mounts in there and make what adjustments are necessary to the mounts. Then I lower the motor so they almost contact, then use the bolts to pull the mount to the block, and set the motor all the way down.

I can see why you might do it the way you do Paul, as leaning over to tighten those bolts can be hard on your back.

I actually ended up attaching the driver's mount to the engine while the engine was hovering over the mount.

Chuck W
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Yeah, solo engine installs can be a ~~~~.

As a note, when I ship out the mounts, I have them assembled and ready to install with no tweaking needed. You "should" be able to drop them into the car without messing with the center bolt. It sounds like you didn't over-tighten it though.

pablon2
04-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I am running Kooks shortys and found I had to grind the outside edge of the rear-most mount flange as it was interferring with the #5 primary. See pic.

Chuck W
04-19-2009, 01:11 AM
I am running Kooks shortys and found I had to grind the outside edge of the rear-most mount flange as it was interferring with the #5 primary. See pic.

OK, well that's a new one.

I'll make a note of it, thanks.

XxSlowpokexX
05-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I had no issues with my kooks shorties and chucks mounts

Also I am unsure if CHuck is producing them yet but I have one of his poly transmission mounts as well. Between the engine and tranny mounts my shifter no longer moves at all. I did however have to shim the the crossmember as my driveshaft was pretty close. Something many have done with aftermarkey solid rubber mounts in the past from what I'm told

I love em!

doug93sc
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I just installed these mounts on my SC and they were made very nicely, came with instructions and all new hardware:) They are top notch and I feel great knowing that these are not going to rip apart....If you drag race your SC these are a must buy:)

pablon2
08-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Yep, they work great. I installed a set a couple months ago and during my dyno tune the engine didn't move at all when stomping on it and then letting off the gas (the two times you will most likely notice movement.)