Valve Stuck?

AX-MAN

This morning I was coming in the gate (on base) and heard rattling coming from under the hood, sounded like a diesel, while idling it went away but under a little gas (between 1k and 1.5k rpm) it was noticable, and then wasn't there above 2k. Shut the car off and waited like an hour (until the sun came up) and cranked up and drove it around the block and the noise was gone.....:confused:....maybe a stuck valve? Maybe a bottle of Lucas to help clean up in there?

Didn't make it home

So it started making the noise on the way home, got worse and eventually I started loosing pressure and getting warm, so I shut her down and coasted into a local repair shop (luckly). The guys were like "yup you blowed a head gasket and you need a new oil pump prolly." So then I was like "well how much?"..."you better come in-side and sit down." I'm thinking oh this will be good. "Well if it's just the head gaskets, and tune up, $1767, but if the heads are cracked....well...." Then I asked how much for an engine swap, (if I provide the engine)-$1200. So tomorrow I'm going to pull it home and park it for a little while. More than likely I'll do the work myself, but it's probably going to take me a while. More to follow:(....I'm sad.....

The head gaskets may well be gone but if you lost oil pressure the motor is toast and needs rebuilding or replacement. If you just want stock drivability look into a reman engine and do the swap yourself.

I'm in FL, near Pensacola, but you may have seen the car down on the beach packed full of beautiful women.....Just kidding, the car started life in California, moved to Arizona, then to Texas, New Mexico, and then I trailored it to FL during my last PCS to Hurlburt Field.

Hey man, that sucks that you blew your head gaskets. Owning an SC, it should be expected at some point. The 92 I have now is the only one I ever owned that hasnt blown them, besides the one you have now. At least rebuilding or replacing the motor, you are starting new and will know the history of the motor and how it is ran. Care to sell me that throttle body now to pay for your rebuild? :D

Then I'd have to buy another throttle body lol....I sent you an email last weekend....yeah the day it happened I called your brother and I was like "well if I don't make it home I'll call you back to sell it." He was like "call Chuck he might buy it..." I think I've located all the parts, I just want to take my time and do everything right, I was actually thinking of getting those heads and that cam from Milton, instead of getting my old heads planned....I also found a 94/95 blower with a 10% pulley on it....I need exhaust bad. Call me when you get a chance.

Back