Car won't stay running?

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone had this problem with there SC after putting 42's inj.,75MM TB, 76C&LMAF, CHIP from David Dalke!!!!Oh yeah I changed the early blower with the late model blower and put the power pulley from spinningwheels-sc!

Car don't want to run by itself and dies, might be running lean cause cats are glowing red after trying to keep it running!!!!

Thanks for any and all help guys!!!

Tom

Last edited:
IC Gaskets

I'll check again for that, I'm concerned cause I have to move it around at work for a while, and hopefully in a couple weeks I will have an FMIC so out with the IC Gaskets for good:D!!!

Tom

Tom,

Easiest way to test for vacuum leaks is to spray the IC tube and vacuum hose connections with carb cleaner while engine is running. Also check to see that all injectors are properly seated into the head, and inspect all the vacuum hose connections to make sure you didn't leave anything unhooked...since they are a little differnt between early and late model, it's easy to do.

David

Can't spray anything

The car struggles just to keep running, no way to spray anything? It seems that the timing is way off thats how bad it is and pops. It did it before I put the chip in so I thought after the chip was in that it would fix everything and that the computer would relearn but doing the same thing. Maybe the injectors did'nt seat right but wouldn't they leak fuel? Thanks David!

Tom

...this may seem a silly question but..you do have the correct tube in that mafs for the 42's?I checked your "members page",have you changed over to the BHJ balancer yet? Have you rechecked the spark plug wires to see that they aren't mixed up.......I had a problem with a cracked plug and had much the same symptoms....took many checks before I finally saw it arcing.does sound like a big vacuum problem though.Just a few thoughts...........
z

Back