Heads and Timing Chain ..?z

f1rocco

Ive searched so much on here I forgot where I read it and what.....Im doing a chain and H/Gz........Lots of post on these items....

What I cant remember is....

Taking off the the Super Charger tubes...I believe I read one way is alot easier to reassemble.....

The other is the timing chain cover....Bad bolt or something like that....

I got a few extra hours so Ill start wrenching in the morning....Take it down to intake and valve covers tomorrow....

Thanks

F1

take IC tube off along with the SC top (dont remove collar nut)

Keep powersteering bracket off since you have it down that far (black one)

and for the timing cover, there is a alen head bolt there somewhere i forgot where... but its usually covred with RTV

SO DONT BREAK IT!!

g'luck!

-Tony

Bottom, drivers side corner. Right under the oil pump. Broke it.

Thanks....I glanced at it and smiled today...I know shes there somewhere...She wont get me.....Lucky its pretty clean....

I just removed the alt/p/s/coil and bracket as 1 piece...Was a pain but not bad....Not sure if the p/s bracket mentioned was this bracket...lol...more like a 1/4 of the motor....j/k

......This motor and/or heads have been out before...All the hard to get bolts are pretty easy to break loose.....The old mechanic got lazy but he was good....

Intercooler was filthy SC intake the same.. 2 tablespoons of oil and the looks of an old coffee filter.....A fair good amount of small scratches or wear on the SC blades......Gonna have the valve guides checked out as well..I wonder if bad guides are also the reason the SC valve cover gasket failure...

Been fun so far

F1

Back