PDA

View Full Version : Chat down?

wisupercoupe
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know how long the chatroom will be down?

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Its been down a long while now, and the admins do not know when it will be back up.

Jacob_Royer
03-17-2008, 10:57 PM
It would be nice if it was fixed!

Young-SC-Owner
03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I wouldnt expect it to be.
There overloaded with a ton of stuff

I wish i could help them:rolleyes:

-Tony

+1 for the chat fix

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Ya they are backed up with everything right now.

I'm pretty sure the chat being fixed is dead last on the last, there are just more important things that need to be handled i'm sure of.

KMT
03-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Well....if some of you are dieing for some SC chat action, [URL=(Removed by Admin)I threw this together and you can use it if you like.
[/URL]
No logins required, but you have to use a name of your choosing. The page keeps the last 20 msgs for viewing - one thread for all involved. Moderate yourselves.

Knock yourselves out.

Ken

Miller
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I already made an alternative chat, then sommmmmebody saw it, and had a heart attack, rolled around on the floor screaming and throwing up, then deleted all links to it.

gldiii
03-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Miller, you know quite well the reasons for removing the link to your chat. We are not going to advertise links to off-site chat rooms that purport to be for SCCoA members and then are just a bunch of slanderous login names and a place to say anything.

Again, you guys can have any personal chat rooms for any of your friends, but we won't be sending our people there.

We will get a chat back up on this site once we can make it follow similar rules to our site and also limit the participants to legitimate SCCoA board participants. It is not our intent to advertise a back door flame room for anyone. I realize a small percentage of our membership would like a chat site, but until we can give them the same level of comfort that is in the site, we will be offering nothing in chat.

Miller
03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
so the chat going down was no accident I take it ?

gldiii
03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
No, it actually went down on its own due to some sort of file corruption and we were looking to fix it and bring it back up, but after further review we need a more controlled environment that the current structure does not support.

We have had several incarnations of the chat over time, but there really wasn't that much interest in and it is definitely not something we have promised to provide. A few more people are obviously using it now, but it is not a major feature of the club. Once we have something where we can control it better, I would actually like to have a chat for members only and then see if the membership wants to provide that service to the general public on the boards. The paying members are the ones that actually make any features on this site possible.

dwayne
03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
here-here-way to go george.

Young-SC-Owner
03-19-2008, 09:54 PM
hehehe, do the FEW PAYING MEMBERS a favor and temporarily fix it, after all WE make the site possible:eek::D

lol, whenever it gets fixed im happy

dwayne
03-19-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry young sc,paided my dues.

Young-SC-Owner
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
no no pap haha, wasnt directed at anyone,

just givin George some guff man!!!

dwayne
03-19-2008, 10:48 PM
no?it never is.

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-06-2008, 06:08 PM
We will get a chat back up on this site once we can make it follow similar rules to our site and also limit the participants to legitimate SCCoA board participants. It is not our intent to advertise a back door flame room for anyone. I realize a small percentage of our membership would like a chat site, but until we can give them the same level of comfort that is in the site, we will be offering nothing in chat.

Any updates on this yet? Miss the chat :(

Miller
05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
there will never be a chat again because CLO had access.:eek::eek:

Duffy Floyd
05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
CLO having access has no bearing on the the Chat Status. But it has been suggested that perhaps only members have chat access. Fixing the chat feature is beyond my capabilities. Perhaps Ron will be able to figure out what happened to the system.

Miller
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
But but but you had said, that somebody who promised never to come back to this site was in the chat, and thats the reason you want it to me more secure so u can only get in with a username. who elseeeeeeeee could it beeeeeeeee

Duffy Floyd
05-06-2008, 10:57 PM
But, but, but, nothing. It CRASHED....it was not taken down. But since it did go down it has been discussed that perhaps if it can be brought back up, that it should be restricted to members only in the future. If it is decided to be a member's perk ONLY it has nothing to do with CLO or any single individual.

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Does this mean we can assume there will never be a chat again?

Miller
05-07-2008, 12:47 AM
SO WHAT YOUR REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY TRYING TO SAYYYYYYYYYYY ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
;)
jk , i dont care if we no have chat we no have chat. i'll still fall asleep at night :(