"Pollution Packer" automotive history Photo

Michael Jackson, Bob Saget, Tyrese, Lloyd and Harry (from Dumb and Dumber), Hugh Heffner, Weezy (from The Jeffersons), Chris Farley, and Coldasack McGee.

History making People

Here you go

Form L to R Gary Gabelich, Art arfons, Doug Rose, Craig Breedlove, Dave Anderson, Joe Petrali, Miss STP Paula Murphy, Tony Fox, John Paxton

Gary Gabelich is still the official Fastest American on Earth 70's Blue Flame Rocket Car

Here you go

Form L to R Gary Gabelich, Art arfons, Doug Rose, Craig Breedlove, Dave Anderson, Joe Petrali, Miss STP Paula Murphy, Tony Fox, John Paxton

Gary Gabelich is still the official Fastest American on Earth 70's Blue Flame Rocket Car

Wasnt Art Arfons from Akron, Oh and drive a tractor pull called the Green Machine or something like that I remember that thing coming to our elementry school every now and then

Wasnt Art Arfons from Akron, Oh and drive a tractor pull called the Green Machine or something like that I remember that thing coming to our elementry school every now and then

He had a series of 'Green Monsters', some of which were pulling machines, some were for Bonneville and/or drag racing, such as the 'Cyclops', I believe. It was a huge jet engine on wheels. Saw it run a few times. Great show at night drags.

Last edited:

Art Arfons

Also had the Green Monster jet car that him and Craig Breedlove where going at it back and forth for WLSR in the 60's. Art crashed at 585mph and servived Craig went on to 600mph record. Gary Gabelich in 1970 went 622mph in the Blue Flame rocket car than after Richard Noble went 633mph in 1983 Gary was going to get the record back with all new rocket car but was killed on a motorcycle

Doug Rose was a drag race jet driver ( Green Momba) he sufferd a bad crash that took both his legs. He came back years latter to race again with a new jet car the picture you see in this link of him was before the crash

Last edited:
My neighbor used to work for him back in the days before he got into racing. They used to bring cars to the school as a plus for kids who got good grades we could talk to the drivers and get autographs it was cool. I grew up in Akron so he was big time for us :D

Back