Speedo problems!

birdsc

My speedo needle started jumping all over the gauge. It jumps like 5mph around the right reading. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it starts this bouncing. Is this a type error on these, and if it is how to fix it? Or is it cheaper/easier to buy a new speedo? There probably aren't many of those for sale here in Finland other than new so repair is the first option...!

Aaro

My speedo needle started jumping all over the gauge. It jumps like 5mph around the right reading. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it starts this bouncing. Is this a type error on these, and if it is how to fix it? Or is it cheaper/easier to buy a new speedo? There probably aren't many of those for sale here in Finland other than new so repair is the first option...!

Aaro

I know on my 5-speed, the connector is broken to the transmission for the speed sensor output. A couple times it has come unplugged on me. If that connector is making poor contact it will cause this exact problem until it becomes completely unplugged and the speedo stops working altogether. Check that and let me know.

Chris

I'll check that out and let you know! Thanks for the tip! By the way where is the speed sensor located in the transmission? My car is 94 sc auto with 4r70w trans.

Back