dyno tuning near NYC??

blownbird2

hey everybody. does anybody know a good place for tuning around nyc or even a small round trip away lol i wont mind driving far as long as i know it's done rite. my car should be done in the next few weeks and i would like to have it all done before the hot summer air which we all know is no good on our cars
appreciate any help

"Theoretically" anyone that fully understands tuning should be able to "tune" your car....

However from what I have gathered many dont fully understand and have only a rudimentory knowledge of doing so. The typical shop has a tune they throw in based off of hundreds in thier database (SCT is a good example). They then finetune for the specific vehicle on a dyno or even mail order via some info such as the AFR based on a dyno run.

But noone locally I know of has access to a multitude of SC files to choose from. Whoever were to tune your car therefore would need to really understand how to tune. Cant say I know of anyone locally. I;m sure Dave D can at leats get you a basic tune based off yoru MAf and injectors that you may be able to get fine tuned elswhere as there are many SCT tuners in the NY area. All I can think of really. If you di dfind someoen that wa sknowledgable to start from scratch the time invested would equal $$$$..Unless someones up for a challenge

Back