Mail man brings presents. Feels like Christmas.

95_XR7

100_4670x.jpg

100_4671x.jpg

100_4673x.jpg

Arc Audio FD4150
# 4-Channel Amplifier
# RMS Power Rating:

* 4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan.
* 2 ohms: 160 watts x 4 chan.

# Microprocessor Controlled
# Set and forget crossover switches on bottom plate
# Separate front and rear mono/stereo/full range select feature
# Heavy Duty Construction
# Fan Cooling
# Thermal, DC, offset, reverse voltage, over voltage, short circuit protection
# 0 - 18 dB Variable Bass Boost Remote Control
# Separate front and rear mono/stereo/full range select feature
# Rear Source 2 chan./4 chan./2 chan. with Bass Selectable
# Front Gain, Rear Gain Controls
# 4 Gauge Power/Ground Leads
# Dimensions: 21-3/4"L x 10-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H

It's going to be powering 1x12in sub, and 1x6.5 component sets for now. Later on I'll be getting rid of the 12in for a 10in, and going to a small amp to power that. That way all 4channels of this 10lbs beast will be powering component sets.

Also, stuff that came in without pictures are a Lotek 3-gauge pillar pod, complete engine wiring harness, IRCM, fog light switch, under drive pulleys, all 3 new idlers, some Zaino polish, and Zaino leather products.

Oh, and can't forget the scanner I bought. Snap-On unit. I'm also waiting on Nordskog Fuel Pressure gauge, and Air Temp Gauge. After I get some more money, Innovate LC-1, aluminum mark viii pumpkin, FRPP 3.55 gears, and an Eaton True-Trac.

Hopefully I can get enough to order the Eibach's and Koni's before I leave for basic.

Nice.

Hey, there's a guy over at TCCoA that just got the same setup... ;)

:p

It's odd seeing how many people are actually on both boards.
Anyways, trying to figure a way to mount it. I'm wanting to try the back of the seat, but the fan is on the bottom.:rolleyes:

>...trying to figure a way to mount it. I'm wanting to try the back of the seat, but the fan is on the bottom.

Shim it with some sort of 1/4" ~ 3/8" stand-offs, unless Foose says to only mount it laying down. I won't tell if you don't.

My Fosgate is on the seat back - if heat becomes that much of an issue, I can always fold the seat down...

>...trying to figure a way to mount it. I'm wanting to try the back of the seat, but the fan is on the bottom.

Shim it with some sort of 1/4" ~ 3/8" stand-offs, unless Foose says to only mount it laying down. I won't tell if you don't.

My Fosgate is on the seat back - if heat becomes that much of an issue, I can always fold the seat down...

How much does that Fosgate weigh? The only reason I'm erally worried, is shimming it would extend it out, and since the seat will slant slightly backwards I'm wondering how much stress are going to be on the screws. This amp honestly weighs a good 15lbs it seems. Machined case and all that stuff.

My Fosgate weighs around 10 lbs. at most. The seat back on my '90 is a thick black plastic shell, and four large self-tapping phillips head screws hold the amp in place. Mine feels very secure.

I could see the concern with a 15 lb. unit mounted that way, tho. You might consider taking the shell loose and backing up the mounts with large thin washers as one example, but that would add just that much more work to the process.

I don't really see any better options using other locations. Some people mount the amp to the box that holds the sub(s), but I'm using the stock sub for now.

Ken

My Fosgate weighs around 10 lbs. at most. The seat back on my '90 is a thick black plastic shell, and four large self-tapping phillips head screws hold the amp in place. Mine feels very secure.

I could see the concern with a 15 lb. unit mounted that way, tho. You might consider taking the shell loose and backing up the mounts with large thin washers as one example, but that would add just that much more work to the process.

I don't really see any better options using other locations. Some people mount the amp to the box that holds the sub(s), but I'm using the stock sub for now.

Ken

Yeah. What's sad, is that the amp is too long. The fold down seats are barely long enough, and my sub box is a good 2-3 inches too short to mount it to that.

Back