what wire why

KMT

What:
Anyone confirm that the black connector/wire pointed out in the attached photo is the 'tach check' circuit...?

Wire:
Heads down the front/left side of the motor, towards the crank sensor as best I can tell.

Why:
Because I found that the lower end isn't connected to anything.... The square black single-wire connector was taped together and when I went to replace it, the end that goes down the front, maybe 12" or so, just pulled out of the harness. No insulation on it, with a clean break on the free end.

So far, the car doesn't seem to miss it. :confused:

Thanks for any info.

Ken

Attachments

• what_connector.jpg
    what_connector.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 103
I just ripped mine out yesterday...If I remember right.....That part of the harness seems to go to the cam sensor..And then travels to the crank sensor/trigger for the lower parts......But the lower crank trigger is mounted to the lower passenger side of the block with 3 10mm bolts and a bracket with a plastic doohickie....That I believe is the end of the harness...

Best bet...Put the car on ramps....Look just above the oil pan on the face of the motor on the passenger side...Ill check mine today....Got more work to do.....

F1

Thanks for the reply - I'm hoping I don't have to dig any further than the crank sensor :)

Back