E3 spark plugs??

Rob m

Does anyone use the E3 diamond fire spark plugs ( part # e360 )?? I need new plugs and wires to go with the screamin deamon coil pack i am going to install. I don't know how well they work with the S/C though. Any reveiws?

Not to knock anything here, but why don't everyone keep it really simple and cheap and run the copper Autolite 103's and be done with it??????

I know its a pain to change plugs, but if your the type that likes to maintain their cars, then you should be changing them out at least every year anyway. This also gives an advantage of telling a wee story about whats going on inside that combustion chamber.

I run Autolite XP (Iridium) plugs in my 95 SC, mainly because I don't want to change them as often. I do, however pull a couple of the "easy to get to"http://www.sccoa.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif
:eek: plugs every now and then just to make sure there's nothing goofy going on.

I run Autolite XP (Iridium) plugs in my 95 SC, mainly because I don't want to change them as often. I do, however pull a couple of the "easy to get to"http://www.sccoa.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif
:eek: plugs every now and then just to make sure there's nothing goofy going on.

There is a 5 year warranty on the E3's and they claim to be more efficent and create more horsepower. I just didn't know if there is a problem with boosted engines. I think i will try them to see and if they don't work then i am only out $60.

keep it really simple and cheap and run the copper Autolite 103's and be done with it.

I remember when I was a little tyke and showed my gear head uncle some split fire plugs....He laughed..And said...Those came out in the 60's and didnt work that good then either.....

Ten years later I was using some Bosch Platnium cone tips....My brother in law told me unless you are using an after market ignition system...Those are junk....They need a higher spark to work correct.....

So Im in the same boat as fturner....Give me your basic Autolites and Ill change them once a year..

F1

The Bosch plugs I have had nothing but bad experiences with. Our ignition tends to fry copper plugs. One of the main reasons platinum plugs were specced.

The hokey thing about split fire plugs is that you only get one spark..So unless running something like an msd the advantage they claim is moot. I dont know anyoen that has had good luck with them period.

I have had some real good luck with Delco Rapid Fires and denso iridiums as a replacement for the factory platinums. More recently I been going with the Autolite xp. Havent had high boost situation to report on but I havent had any negative comments.

Coppers are nice if you enjoy changing plugs..Me I dont...:D

I've been using the same set of Denso IT20 iridiums for about 3 years. Pulled them recently when installing new headers and they still look great.

David

WHat David said..When I did my autolite XP change a few montsh back I had forgotten I did A Denso plug change when I bought the car...They still looked brand new

60.00 dollars, seems a little spendy on plugs, and most likely you'll get the same level of performance from them, ( you hope ), as the cheaper one's that have been mentioned above, at least the autolite ones.

and after you've change them once or twice -just to get use to what and how it's done, there not that hard to pull and check or replace

checking the plugs here and there, kinda gives you an idea as to whats going on in there, i mean it's only the ignition, which seems to be or get overlooked at times

I may try one in my lawn mower...That will be a good indicator if it makes a difference..BELIEVE ME! They had them at walmart for my B&S motor

Back