factory radio 90sc

i used a coat hanger, and cut 2, 6 - 7 inch parts, bent into a U, insert thru the holes and got it to slide right out, if i made any sense saying that

kinda gotta play with inserting it in and out - 2 sets of hands might be helpful here,

you have to work both U's at the same time - take your time doing it so you don't break anything, but it does work

man your fast

I have the pair of factory style radio removal 'U' tools - as I recall you may need to lever them both just a bit at the same time...both out or in...see if one or the other helps. I've seen some units pop right out and others refuse to come out using the factory style tools. Some people use nails instead of the tools. Stiffer than a coat hanger, etc.

Good luck.

i sometimes have to rock them side to side, or up and down to get mine out while im gently tugging on it. Whats nice about the factory tools is they have little balls on the end of the tool that allow you to shove them in the apply pressure side to side while pulling and it will grip the sleeves in the radio and allow them to pop out much easier.

Walmart has the radio tools in the audio section. They snap into the springs, and then you can wiggle them left and right to get the springs to release the radio.

Once the faceplate pops out of the dash bezel, it should slide right out. You might be tempted to remove the VMM to get at some of the harness plugs, but think twice, as it's really easy to break the plastic mounting tabs on the sides / back of the VMM.

Back