New Exhaust What do you think..And a few ???

XxSlowpokexX

After taking a look at my exhaust (which I love the way it sounds), rather then redoing a portion of my exhaust I figured on redoing the whole thing. It was originally a dual but made a single at the resonator to quiet thingr down a bit

I'm thinking a dual 2.5 into two Metallic core converters in the Dynomax ultra X resonator then into two dynomax ultraflows in the back.

How long a muffler can I run. I do recall 16-18" being the reccomended standard years ago. Dynomax makes a 14" body and a 20" body. Overall the 14" body has a total lenght of 190" while the 20" has an overall lenght of 25"

Think a 25" muffler will fit? They are both rated as the same flow. Center in center out. Also other dimentions are 4 1/2" 9 3/4" for either muffler

I dunno, a 20 inch body might be a tough fit without some tight bends on the inside. unless you know you want it quiet, I would start with the converters and the resonator and see how it sounds. Maybe stick the 20" thing in as a resonator if it will fit. Then if you need it to be quieter, add the 14" mufflers and see how that sounds.

The sound of exhaust is so personal, and we all have an idealized sound in our head based off of v8 cars. So how close you come really depends on what you're willing to live with.

Rodney I have no sound as I been posting off my blackberry..computers down at home.

How does it sound?

Is it quiet? Happy?

Also hat lenght muffler did you use?

Thanks

Damon

Mike,

I really think the 20 inch body is too much but that's why I'm asking. I've treid several exhausts on a number of sc's so I do know what I like...I figured though I'd try something different. I have always used a magnaflow or flowmaster resonator with the flowmaster actually sounding much better. Have treid numerous mufflers with the standard dynomax always sounding best..my opinion of course...

So if and when I get to here rodneys car that will be a good indicator oft hat I may be expecting this route.

I am definitelt trying the dynomax reonator...the mufflers I'm not sold on yet as the 14's may be too small

Sounds quite good.

Quiet. Some say too quiet. Rumbles pretty good on exceleration. Normal driving nothing obnoxious. Can carry on a conversation and listen to music without problem.
At about 2000 rpm's it has a louder note, but it settles down.

The mufflers out back are 4-1/2 x 9-3/4 overall length 19" shell 14".
The X in the center is 4-1/2 x 9-3/4 overall length 25" shell 20".

And I don't think they call the X I have in the center a resonator. I believe they use them on trucks a bunch.
The place I had it done really tucked it up real nice. We were worried about being too big but it worked out.

Last edited:
>Some say too quiet.

Bumper sticker seen on LX "Loud exhausts save lives!" :rolleyes:

Especially when that police or ambulance is coming up behind you, you definitely want to drown all that sound out. Ha.
And mine gets louder when it counts. It's not an all the time thing.
And I've seen that posted someplace before. Or maybe it's a username on Tccoa.

Rodney..Looks like Ill be getting yoru exact setup!...I want good flow with minimal noise..Too quiet is good for me..Phase one on this car is quiet!...Phase two even quieter!

Cool.

The fella I bought the X from (ebay) was going to put them on his Ferrari but they wouldn't work. I bought one and his wife shipped me 2. He made me a good deal on the second.:) I decided I could use it on the red car when I get there.

I bought center/offset muffler as the straight through were on backorder..No bog deal!

We shall see what it sounds like!

Sounds quite good.

Quiet. Some say too quiet. Rumbles pretty good on exceleration. Normal driving nothing obnoxious. Can carry on a conversation and listen to music without problem.
At about 2000 rpm's it has a louder note, but it settles down.

The mufflers out back are 4-1/2 x 9-3/4 overall length 19" shell 14".
The X in the center is 4-1/2 x 9-3/4 overall length 25" shell 20".

And I don't think they call the X I have in the center a resonator. I believe they use them on trucks a bunch.
The place I had it done really tucked it up real nice. We were worried about being too big but it worked out.

did you just do this?....or was it like this when were last at the track, cause it was quiet then....pics?

btw what is that i have highlighted?:D

Back