trans problem auto

tonyfarnsworth

i put in a shift kit about 6 mounths ago. i recently drove my car 1300 miles to school and after wich i have had problems. when the car has been sitting all nigh i got to drive it and unless i sit there for a moment and go through the gears it wont shift 1st to second until it warms up and it shifts harder through the rest of the gears when just crawling along. the trans level is normal. Also it doesnt want to shift as hard into gears at wot anywmore.
this was 1 week ago and since then the problems have gotton alittle better but still are not fixed?

Sounds like sticky actuators. Try flushing the trans and fill with new fluild. Mercon V semi-synthetic is less prone to problems. I flushed and put in Mercon V after the dealer did repairs and installed the old stuff. Mercon V fixed my lousy shifting problems. I have a stock trans.

Did you move your TV cable at all after the shift kit install?

If you really want to get technical, hook up a pressure gauge to the tranny and see what it shows as you run through the gears. (This usually requires a lift, unless you're insane...)

Back