PDA

View Full Version : OEM M5R2 Fiber Lined Syncros 5 speed

grateful_carl
03-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I bought several of the fiber-lined brass 1-4 gear syncros or blockers for our 5 speeds as the carbon fiber lined have become impossible to find anymore. Grab these if you own a 5 speed the brass ones available now tend to grind in speed shifting as you can see by searching these posts. $50 for one or two or $45 each for several shipped to continental US. Paypal, check or money order. If paypal please add 3% (what Paypal charges me).

BirdofPrey97
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Been a bit nicer if you hadn't stated what you bought them for in the other thread. Someone will pay it though. GL.

grateful_carl
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Been a bit nicer if you hadn't stated what you bought them for in the other thread. Someone will pay it though. GL.

I suppose you're right but does it really matter? If you want carbon fiber lined syncros I have them and you don't have to spend three days like I did and hours on the phone calling around the country. That's if there are any others out there that is...capitalism is a good thing.

BirdofPrey97
03-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I suppose you're right but does it really matter? If you want carbon fiber lined syncros I have them and you don't have to spend three days like I did and hours on the phone calling around the country. That's if there are any others out there that is...capitalism is a good thing.

Agreed and instead of stating where they were at for others could purchase them for $22 you purchased all of them. It's great having club members that care!! Freedom of speech is awesome as well!!

grateful_carl
03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Actually you might reread the post I bought them for $29 each and paid tax so they were $32 each. Since I am paying shipping someone who buys 3 or more is getting a fine deal. You are welcome to exercise your free speech but you might be more careful on your use of facts in running your head...

Flip
03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Sent you a paypal for mine.
Thanks,
Flip

grateful_carl
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Paypal received boxed and dropped at Post office USPS to your door...thanks...several more available

MartianBob
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
sent you a pm.
thanks
Bob

grateful_carl
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
sent you a pm.
thanks
Bob

Responded to your PM let me know if you want to send money order or paypal via PM ready to ship now..

NY90RedSC
03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
How many of these do we need for one transmission?

grateful_carl
03-26-2008, 02:27 PM
How many of these do we need for one transmission?

There are four identical (these syncros) for 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5. You need a different syncro for reverse (need not be carbon lined). Some folks only redo the syncros that are bad (typically 1-2 and 2-3) if you want to do them all while the tranny is disassembled you need four of this type I have...to be clear you can get plain brass blockers now for about $33 each they are the same in these gears as the Ford trucks that share our tranny (but with different gear ratios for the truck). These, according to board members, are better for our cars in speed shifting.

grateful_carl
03-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Few sets still available grab these while you can very, very hard to find if you can find them

Mikessupercoupe
03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Are these really better than the brass blockers for racing? I have the brass blockers in my tranny now and sometimes have a problem shifting quick with these. They sometime grind when shifting into third. I would have to drop RPM's to get into third. Does anyone have any input on this here?

thanks
Mike

ricardoa1
03-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Are these really better than the brass blockers for racing? I have the brass blockers in my tranny now and sometimes have a problem shifting quick with these. They sometime grind when shifting into third. I would have to drop RPM's to get into third. Does anyone have any input on this here?

thanks
Mike

Mike I have the same issue with factory Ford fiberlined syncros. I grind third sometimes if I am not careful.

NickM
03-27-2008, 01:42 PM

thanks
Mike

And I have the carbon fiber ones, and I still sometimes grind third as well-it's just two big of an RPM drop for a single blocker to do quickly.

Nick

Mikessupercoupe
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Mike I have the same issue with factory Ford fiberlined syncros. I grind third sometimes if I am not careful.

Ricardo

Can you keep your foot to the floor or do you have to drop RPM's to go into third?

Mike

Sorry don't mean to change thread. I'd be interested in these syncros if it would make a difference

grateful_carl
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Interesting discussion perhaps should be moved to its own thread in the technical section? I've still got a few sets of these left four sets have been sold.

thanks
Mike

ricardoa1
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Ricardo

Can you keep your foot to the floor or do you have to drop RPM's to go into third?

Mike

Sorry don't mean to change thread. I'd be interested in these syncros if it would make a difference

I dont try speedshifting the trans. It grinds it if I shift it too fast though.

Mikessupercoupe
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
sorry double post.

Flip
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Got mine today.
Thanks,
Flip

grateful_carl
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
That was fast glad they arrived safely

grateful_carl
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Still available...

decipha
04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
i don't know what your engine combo is but it might help to spin it higher in second a little more

thanks
Mike

Mikessupercoupe
04-08-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm shifting at 6200 now how much higher you think I should go? :D
I had misunderstood and didn't realize I have Southern gear CF blockers, now I'm looking into changing the fluid in there to see if that makes a difference.
Hope that does the trick.

Mike