Platinum Pro Wires

IGot6UGot8

Has anyone used the Autolite Platinum Pro wires? I was told they are 8mm cut to fit for only $42/set. Any good or bad luck with these?

Thanks
Jake

Everyone here has had nothing but bad luck with anything but stock Motorcraft or Magenacor 8.5 plug wires.

Borg and Wagner have a set that I had another have used with good sucess that are a stock replacement 8mm wire.

You can always give them a try. Dealers are a bit spendy for Motorcraft wires.

I have to chime in on this thread even though it is two months old. Its been brought to my attention that Autolite makes the plugs and wires for Ford. I used the tailored Autolite wires on my '91, lined them up against the original Motorcraft wires and they are very similar. Same with the plugs. I have seen people post not to use anything except Motorcraft plugs, however, Autolite makes the plugs for Ford.

Just some food for thought. I ordered the wires through my local Advanced Auto Parts and had them the next day, they should keep the plugs in stock.

magnecors....ehhh I had my best luck with the accell extreme wires...Had them on all my SC's without ever a problem:O)

That's an interesting fact, that autolite makes the wires for Ford. I ended up getting the Motorcraft replacements for $25 from the dealer (father in law runs the parts dept). So I'd have been paying almost $20 more for the same thing if I'd have bought the autolites?

Jake
91 SC (for sale)

My uncle runs the part dealership down around Dubois and he can get some awesome deals on prices. The price you were quoted seems about right. I think they get 10% over cost pricing. My main problem was that my car was all apart, and I needed it back together. I had already broken one old wire and therefore I took the quickest route to get my car back on the road....which was ordering the wires from Advanced around 6:00pm and they were in the next morning by 11:00am. My uncle could have had them at about 1/2 the price I paid BUT they would have had to order the wires and I would needed them shipping or drive the 2 1/2 hours to pick them up. If the average person went into the dealership to buy those wires I believe they run around $80-$90.

Back