Whats it worth??

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I have an chance to buy a complete rebuilt 455 buick with rebuilt a turbo 400 AND a complete good turbo coupe motor for a total of $200! guy at work had a relative die and is trying to sell all the stuff he had to clean up the place to sell.. Kinda thinking of buying them and re-selling i know buick stuff is hard to come by. I was thinking i could get about 500 out of the buick motor/tranny but the turbo coupe motor??? looks to be somthing he bough from a salvage yard from the markings apparently 120k.. Figure i could take my profits and buy some crap for the SC.... Though i do know where i can get a v8 cutlass with a rod knock for next to free....... 86 cutlass+455 buick=wheeeeeee

Though i do know where i can get a v8 cutlass with a rod knock for next to free....... 86 cutlass+455 buick=wheeeeeee

Ohhh yeah...Probably 8 years ago I had a 6.6 Trans am that was totaled....I was gonna fix it....Sure I was.....I put the motor in a 85 Cutlass....Oh yeah..

Pretty easy to put in...I dropped it in with the mounts on it and welded it in...Figured after I got done with it...Junkyard bound anyways....The cutlass was a 6 cyl so the gears were 4.10 I think.....

I doubt you can sell that 455 motor...Best bet is probably a buick peep with older 60's cars.....Not sure if the main jurnals are the same is a 6.6 but if they are...Yuck....Real thin cast...Almost hollow inside.....I believe they might be cross bolt though....Boat anchors...

F1

6.6 TA motor up to 1978 was a Pontiac 400 cubic Inch, most of the time except in Calif and the Hood scoop usually said TA 6.6. All the other 6.6 were 403 CI Oldsmoibiles, nobody liked them since they we sitting in a Pontiac but I owned three of them and they ran just as good as a pontiac motor. Sit on the 455 Buick, dont be in a hurry to sell it, you will make good money. Is the trans a Turbo 400, long or short tailshaft?

Back