Exhaust sounds...

breadsnob1

Hi Guys... I recently put high flow cats on my SC along with Magna Flow tips, and the car kind of sounds like crap.... My question is what is the best set up for a non-cat exhaust?? I want the car to sound good, is it possible? I plan on using a smaller pulley and from what i hear i need a non-restrictive exhaust. Thanks!

sph@ams.org

leave the resonator on, i ran with only resonator for a while....crap....ran with resonator and stock mufflers.....crap...., i'd bet money on a nice 3" to 2.5" system with a resonator and good flowing mufflers would sound pretty good. I'm not a big fan of catalytic converters...;)

That does sound good

Rbrown, that does sound pretty good. As an owner of a Infiniti G35 coupe, I have really come to love the sound the stock exhaust has on it. It does have somewhat similar piping until it gets past the resonator.
I would like to look into some fab work to get it to work on my 95' SC. I may have to remove, modify the spare tire area to fit it up under the car but it would have both exit pipes coming out straight. It looks as tho they could exit where our rear gfx tapers up. Not sure what you all think of looking into it. Plenty of G35's in the boneyard now and many guys are yanking there stock setups to do aftermarket too. The G's come with 3.5L V6's so they are somewhat simular in size and displacement.

I would obviously have to start with our ex. manifold then use SCP downtubes and highflow cats*in CA*. The G's setup then uses 2.5in Y pipe into 3" resonator back to 2.5" dual into a single transverse mounted muffler with dual tips. If I ever get around to picking up a stock G exhaust, I'll let you know how it goes.

I have teh same setup but twice as loud..Still sounds great though..Its full dynomax ultraflow dual 2.5 inch. I have headers and high flow metallic cat sthough

Back