Belt slip

Durdybird

Hey all,
I need some help with ideas to solve belt slippage. I put a 10% pulley on the charger. I bought the heavy duty tensioner springs to replace the stock ones. Well, the tabs on the back broke on both tensioners:eek: It took me 4ever to find some replacements and I'm a little hesitant to try again. Does anybody have any alternative ways of preventing slippage. I'm only slipping under heavy boost and at highway speeds. If I roll in to it there is no slip.

1995 pearl white SC
screamin demon coil pack, 10% pulley, ic puller fan.

Hey all,
I need some help with ideas to solve belt slippage. I put a 10% pulley on the charger. I bought the heavy duty tensioner springs to replace the stock ones. Well, the tabs on the back broke on both tensioners:eek: It took me 4ever to find some replacements and I'm a little hesitant to try again. Does anybody have any alternative ways of preventing slippage. I'm only slipping under heavy boost and at highway speeds. If I roll in to it there is no slip.

1995 pearl white SC

Here is an idea

I did this before the MP tensioner springs ever come out I had the Blower, Jackshaft, crank pulley beed blasted rough finish. Than took VHT traction compound coated the inside belt grooves real good. It worked good I called it the stickem grip trick :) Alcohol takes the VHT fine sticky strands that may come in contact with any parts off

Hey all,

1995 pearl white SC

Dump the 10% if all you are running is the stock 95 blower... get yourself either a early style blower pully which is about 3% or a 5% pully max.

You are really slowing your car down with that 10%.

FT

or take the SC off and port the hell out of it. :D then maybe u can keep running the 10%. ;)

if not, i totally agree with Frit. look at what i have done in my member page. im still hitting 13-14psi even with all that free flowing stuff....lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback all. I am new to these cars so this is a learning experience for me. I have only had it for about a month. I sunk my budget into repairs ( fuel pump, water pump, radiator) so mods coming slower :rolleyes: Once again thanks for feedback.

95 pearl white auto SC 86,000 miles
Screamin demon coil pack, 10% pulley, IC puller fan.

Last edited:
Gonna pick some brains again :D I'm on a limited budget as mentioned before. In the way of IC how much difference if any is there between the front mount IC from MP and the stock style double IC other then obvious price? I understand from reading on here that heat is the big killer. Your feedback is always appreciated.
Thanks
95 pearl white auto SC 86,000 miles
screamin demon coil pack, 10% SC pulley, IC puller fan.

a dbl IC with a shorter a/c condensor and a puller fan (maybe even a pusher fan on the front also) would be more than enough for u.

Back