Needing help with rebuild in Knoxville ,TN...

LilCop2002

Hey folks,

I purchased a '94 SC 5-Speed in June of 2006 needing an engine rebuild. I was able to get the engine and transmission out, got the engine pulled apart, machined, and the short block back together.

Due to recent obligations, I have no time to finish working on it and I don't want to have this car for 2 years and only have driven it for 2 miles. As of right now, I need help with getting the long block and accessories all mounted back on the engine and transmission attached. If someone has the extra time, I might possibly see about getting them dropped in the car itself.

What I'm looking for is someone that can finish up the work for a decent price as being a military member doesn't afford a large amount of incoming pay and I want to drive it this summer.

I live in Knoxville, TN, 37924 and am willing to deliver my parts and/or car to your location granted you're not on the other side of the country. If you're willing to help or know someone who is willing, please PM me or email me at j.mcmeans @ yahoo.com. This email address goes straight to my cellphone and I'll reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
LC2002

Sorry I can't give you a hand, Texas is too far.

But if you're going to store the engine for a period of time you should try to install the heads, front cover / oil pump, valve covers, intake manifold, and main seals, and then prime the oil pump. And preferably keep it in a climate controlled environment.

If you're priming the oil pump in your living room, make sure to put an oil filter on and install the pressure sending unit.

good luck, I hope you find someone decent to complete the assembly.

Bob

yes

Thankfully it is a tile floor. Needless to say that was the last night my engine spent in the living room.

LilCop2002,

I have the Ford service manual for 1994 if you want to borrow it for whoever finishes the job. PM if interested.

Bob

Sorry I can't give you a hand, Texas is too far.

But if you're going to store the engine for a period of time you should try to install the heads, front cover / oil pump, valve covers, intake manifold, and main seals, and then prime the oil pump. And preferably keep it in a climate controlled environment.

If you're priming the oil pump in your living room, make sure to put an oil filter on and install the pressure sending unit.

good luck, I hope you find someone decent to complete the assembly.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I already had the heads, valve covers, intake, and main seals hooked up. I guess I'm further into this rebuild than I was thinking I was.
I haven't, however, had a chance to get the oil pump on and primed.

The engine is on a stand in my garage right behind my SC. She's gotten used to being kept in the garage and sleeping with the heat on in the winter.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but i bought a '94 5 speed last year and the top end was in the trunk. Intake, blower, intercooler, power steering, Air conditioner, everything. I am not a mechanic and only have basic home garage tools. Once I had all the new parts it took me less than 3 days using a Chiltons manual to get it running. It just looks intimidating. Yea you might need to chase down vacuum leaks or other little stuff but if you have some mechanical ability, a decent set of tools and a little time, you can do it. I mean the way I see it, you will be alot closer and will have to pay less money if it closer. I wish you the best of luck and remember, If you have ?'s there is always someone here to help

Back