Some questions

89_WhiteBirdy

Alright so i purchased a 94-95 supercharger with no porting what so ever and i want to get a new MAF probably a 76mm and a new T-body probably a 75mm. ive been reading and a lot of people say that you would either need to get a MP plenum or do some porting on the stock one in order to actuall feel the difference. Which is the better idea porting the stock inlet or buying the MP inlet and if i do this will i need to have the supercharger ported as well.

The exhaust will be very free flowing and i have a new cam coming, and i dont plan on doing any thing to the heads.

I also realize that it would be smart to get a tune if i end up going with this package. Also i plan on getting new injectors probably 42's

wow:D

good choice on the injectors and tune. also, u wanna throw a 255lph HI PRES. fuel pump in there.

now with the SC...you will feel a difference just bolting in the stock plenum and SC in there. but to take full advantage of the 75mm TB and 76 MAF u wanna get, go with the MP plenum. but if u port either the stock plenum or the MP, u wanna make sure both the outlet of the plenum and the inlet of the SC match up.

honestly just go for the MP inlet if u've got the $$$. im getting one when my taxes come in and then doing a magnaport 1 on it and the blower.

good luck

good choice on the injectors and tune. also, u wanna throw a 255lph HI PRES. fuel pump in there.

now with the SC...you will feel a difference just bolting in the stock plenum and SC in there. but to take full advantage of the 75mm TB and 76 MAF u wanna get, go with the MP plenum. but if u port either the stock plenum or the MP, u wanna make sure both the outlet of the plenum and the inlet of the SC match up.

honestly just go for the MP inlet if u've got the $$$. im getting one when my taxes come in and then doing a magnaport 1 on it and the blower.

good luck

89 Whitebirdy,

I agree with all of the above. I've seen a heavily modded SC do nothing but install an MP plenum in place of a welded & ported late model plenum and it gained something like 30 or 40 rwhp. I wouldn't expect those kind of results on your car, but the MP plenum is worth the investment.

David

MP plenum is much better then a ported stocker...I will be finding out on my car soon enough just how much a difference

Back