wipers only work on high!

Torino Cobra

my wipers only work on high, no int. and no low. they also dont park themselves. I have changed the multi purpose switch inside and the whole wiper motor module outside, and the relay. these were working parts from another car, and my parts worked on the other car when i swapped them. whats up guys? since they dont park themselves i suspect some wiring problem, like there should be constast voltage somwhere thats not there? HELP im tired of workin my wipers by hand, i need both hands for the wheel cause i drive sooooo fast!! (Man i love my sc's i got three and lookin for more)

since they dont park themselves i suspect some wiring problem,

I usually suspect the parking mechanism.

Part of the entire wiper assembly to my knowledge.

You might want to remove the assembly and fool with just the pm.

Ken

Last edited:
Check your connector

Check you connector on the steering column coming off the combo switch. I found mine half unplugged, only working on high with no park... plugged it back in, worked fine for six months now.

ok guys, thanks for the tips, but as I said, I have swapped out the ENTIRE wiper module under the hood, and swapped out the multi purpose switch inside the car both with units from one of my other cars. they worked fine on one car but the car with the problem never had any change. i checked and rechecked all connections to make sure. Im trying to find out if there is something that could cause the low speed/park to lose its power supply. i suspect it should have a constant 12 somewhere that is missing. HELP PLEASE!! is there another connector somwhere between the colum and the wiper module, i couldnt find one, i looked for a long time. or is the intermitant controller located somewhere other than the wiper module or MPS?

I am assuming this is on the 91, there is an Interval Governor in the circuit as well. It is on the LH side of the instrument panel, LH side of the steering column, and looks to be above the fuse panel. It has a 10 pin connector. The base part # is 17C476. If you can not find it, let me know and I will find it on a parts car and get a location pic.

thanks birds4us, its a 90, but i will look tommorow for it. Im sure i can find a replacement at the j/y! I will let u know if it corrects the problem.

Back