looking for rear brake parts

XR7Kurt

3 out of the 4 rubber boots that cover the caliper pins are ripped on my XR7. I can find new caliper brackets that include these boots but wanted to just replace the boots. Has anyone done this and where can you get them?
This is the closest thing I've found but it doesn't look right.
Kurt

Last time I bought new caliper pins they came with the boots. Not sure you can still get them but worth a try.

Auto parts stores have the brackets with pins, and the pins, with boots as a separate kit.

Both motormite and Dorman are making them available. Under $30 each loaded with pins and boots.

If the boots are torn check if there is lube in there. If the lube migrated out, moisture migrated in and they are much more likely to seize up in the future.

I just replaced mine, O'reilly had them Wagner makes them and just replace the boots. don't remember the exact price, but pretty inexpensive. like less than $4 for the set of 4
however they are not usually in stock, oreilly was able to check quite a few stores and sent me to 1 that had them.

[/Last year mine came with new boots.
I think I got mine at Autozone. QUOTE]
I figured they would come with the caliper pins but the picture online did not show them and none of this stuff is stocked to look at.

Auto parts stores have the brackets with pins, and the pins, with boots as a separate kit.

Both motormite and Dorman are making them available. Under $30 each loaded with pins and boots.

If the boots are torn check if there is lube in there. If the lube migrated out, moisture migrated in and they are much more likely to seize up in the future.
I saw the brackets, I was going to try to save a little money. I read a post where it said you could clean out the holes with a gun bore brush. Do you think that would work well enough or go with the new ones?

I just replaced mine, O'reilly had them Wagner makes them and just replace the boots. don't remember the exact price, but pretty inexpensive. like less than $4 for the set of 4
/
I couldn't find any on their website, I guess I'll call and ask.

One more question, are any special tools needed for rebuilding the calipers?
Thank you all for the quick help.

Kurt

Last edited:
Back