I Need Help With Fuel Problem

JesseTSI

Wen the car is turned on there is no fuel coming to the filter (or to the engine) even when I crank it, there is no fuel.
I am at the shop pulling the tank right now. I hooked up a 12v source to the old fuel pump and it spit out fuel for me.

I am installing the new one I got for $95 anyways. If this doesnt fix the problem, where else should I look?

The engine runs great with starter fluid!

Thanks so much!

There is a relay for the fuel pump. Could be the relay is bad, a bad wiring harness, or a problem with the ignition switch.

you can test the relay by running a ground from the EEC-IV test connector. One of the slots at the corner is for the fuel pump. It may be marked FP. If you stick a jumper wire in there and touch it to ground, the fuel pump relay will be energized and the pump should run.

If you do that, and nothing happens, then you have a bad relay or something bad in that circuit.

is this relay located under the hood? Because I am seeing a "fuse H" for the fuel pump under the hood.

Any other suggestions on how to test it, and find our my problem?

Im about 30 mins away from hooking up the new pump and testing it to see if it works

I got it working. It was the fuel pump.

Put it in, primed the system, and started right up.

Im selling it if anyone wants to make an offer. Its silver, auto, 1990. 106,000 miles

Back