Headlight Aiming

C

clickster34

Headlight Aiming

Does anyone have any tips on aiming the headlights? I'm putting in a new header panel and new headlight and I'd like get them perfect. Also, what kind of ATF is everyone using? I'd like to put Mobil 1 in but It's $4.99 a quart, is it worth the money? It needs changed badly.

Thanks

1990 SC Midnight Blue, 193,000 mi

Re: Headlight Aiming

For maximum headlight illumination coverage, make sure you're on a level surface, and that you're parallel with a flat wall (not concave or convex) - say about six to ten feet away. Aim the lighting as straight as possible to the wall. Follow this, you'll see close to 1/8 mile of illuminated road with 100W hyperwhite low beams.:) 55W - 80W will cover a little less area.

Id put the nose of the car about 12 to 15 feet away from the wall. I think it will be more accurate. Just definitely make sure the ground is level

I bought a used, but complete and 'like new' Hoppy headlight aimer off E-Bay for $40! Works fantastic and i have already aimed all my car's lights. They were all slightly off...I guess over the years things just seem to 'shift around' a bit.

I bought a used, but complete and 'like new' Hoppy headlight aimer off E-Bay for $40! Works fantastic and i have already aimed all my car's lights. They were all slightly off...I guess over the years things just seem to 'shift around' a bit.

Funny; I was the VP-Design Engineering for Hoppy a few years ago (97-00). Which model did you pick up; the mechanical, or one of the photometric units?

JD

Back