fuel fouling sparp plugs

Jason Jarrett

I just got done with head gaskets . The cae ran around the block a couple of time. Then in and out of the shop then no start . Pulled the spark plugs and tay were wet fuel. It does not have any vacume leaks. When the motor warmed up to temp it ran better then when it was cold. Need to have it fixed by friday . Trying to go to the track.

yup thats happened to me too.

after upgrading something and the motor was back together i couldnt get it to run under its own power. it kept soaking the spark plugs with gas every time it cranked. i believe it was lack of a tune that kept it from running. but i did go thru 3 sets of plugs....running good now tho ;)

I put it back together stock . It has 103 autolight in it . i also ran them last year with no problem . thay are gaped at .35 . I do have a 75 shot on it . It ran 13.11 last year bofore it lost 2 cylinders on pass side .

i will be the first to say i dont know that much about a SC engine.im old school sort off,to me it sounds like your collent temp scencor may be bad.reason this scencer works like the old style butterfly chokeif it quit working flooding and fouling plugs.tenp scencer works on same baises if bad tells computer engine is not up to operating temp their fore more fuel is dumped into cylenders.i dont know what the last post meanes about a tune.thay=t is why i do nothing but basic maintance on my sc truth be known scared of screwing up something i wont be able to fix.but now cant even check air in tires that is my problem though.

When i put it back together i did not put the heater hose back on dont need heat in the summer. I put a hose cap on the outlet on the manifold. that is were the coolent sencer is . Dont know if that might have something to with it.

Jason, heater hose should have nothing to do with it. I would say you have some sort of ignition problem. I went from bone stock, to all the mods listed on my members page. When I first got mine running I was fouling out plugs because my fuel pressure was set too high(I had an adjustable FPR). Seems like if yours is stock you shouldn't have that problem, so I would guess you may intermittently not be firing from all cylinders like a DIS problem. Have you checked for codes?

If you can check fuel pressure, I would do so. It should be around 43.5 I believe. Let me know if you need the correct procedure to do so.

me eather like said dont know to much about theses eingines,but i dont think that would cause the fouling,having heater hose pluged off.

I just got done with head gaskets . The cae ran around the block a couple of time. Then in and out of the shop then no start . Pulled the spark plugs and tay were wet fuel. It does not have any vacume leaks. When the motor warmed up to temp it ran better then when it was cold. Need to have it fixed by friday . Trying to go to the track.

did you get the vacuum line on the Fuel pressure regulator? are you pulling from an after blower port?

you think you have spark? Got a timing light? Check for spark.

Balancer looks good right? Crank sensor didn't get damaged when you were working on it?

all the wires hooked up to the coil pack o.k?

maybe

Might try bleeding the air out of the heater hose connection as the sensor might be in an air pocket rather than the coolant... might affect the sensors ability to get an accurate reading, otherwise it still sounds like a vacuum leak.

I took the coolent sencer out today and it had a air pocket under it were it could not fill up. Finished filling it up with water and put it back together running like it should . Thanks.

Back