PDA

View Full Version : 4/5/08 (Crash) update June Outlaw Pro Mod Race

Jim Demmitt Jr
03-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Test session ends bad

Sat test & tune at Sac the Pro Mods where testing Bob Bunker Sr handed over the driving to Bob Bunker Jr. This beautiful 55 chevy is an original steel body this car and my fathers 57bird use to race together though the years. The car left hard went into tire shake and went hard left Bob dident lift he over corrected it went hard right slapping the wall hard. This is due to not enough seat time its a shame perfect body after the repairs Bob Sr may be back in the seat again latter in the year

the-big-e
03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
That beast must be LOUD.....

Everyone except the deaf guy on the left has some sort of muffling device on their ears.....

Including their fingers......:p

Jim Demmitt Jr
03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
That beast must be LOUD.....

Everyone except the deaf guy on the left has some sort of muffling device on their ears.....

Including their fingers......:p

Its real Loud

The guy with the cowboy hat in the background off the stating line is Bob Bunker Sr he bought the car new back in 55. Had it through high school racing it as its gone through changes to todays Pro Mod setup. They have yet to run quick enough to run with the quick cars. Its a 526 Pontiac with all the high tech parts they need to run in the low 6.20et so far there way off from those numbers. The old man won a lot of Pro Gas races and a couple early Pro Mod match races in the 80's

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-06-2008, 02:38 AM
(Note)

Got word from Steven and Justin Bunker the "Folsom Flash" repairs are underway as we speak. We look forward to June for the big Outlaw Pro Mod event featuring

Jim Demmitt Jr 57tbird sponsord by (Rio Vista Ford)
Bob Bunker Jr (Folsom Flash) 55 Chevy
Jim Campos (Wild & Crazy ) 67 Camaro
Kurt Kunes ( Red Line ) 67 Camaro
John Shalpy ( Wapado) 57 Chevy
Cecle Mathews (Shelby inc ) 65 Shelby
Wayne Torkelson (Red Line) 54 Corvette
Steve Woods (SFST Performance) 67 Corvette Stingray
Jack Halsey ( AMA Pro Mod) 57 Chevy
Kip Duply ( BMR Concreat ) 54 Buick
Mike Ashley (AMA Pro Mod) 67 Camaro

Birdman93
04-06-2008, 08:17 AM
That's a shame, Jim-even though I'm a hardcore Ford fan, the classic Chevys are gorgeous cars-I miss my 66 Chevy SWB PU-had a FI 327 with a 4-speed and was a blast to drive!

Good luck this year!

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-06-2008, 10:16 PM
That's a shame, Jim-even though I'm a hardcore Ford fan, the classic Chevys are gorgeous cars-I miss my 66 Chevy SWB PU-had a FI 327 with a 4-speed and was a blast to drive!

Good luck this year!

Thank You!

I bet that was fun to drive F1 327 4 speed, Jim Campos was another one that had bad luck testing in his Wild & Crazy Camaro its an original body top and quarter panels. He broke a rod on the burnout also the tank burst had a good fire burned the nose of the front end as well. This is another one of the original West Coast Blown Doorslamers. He has the new Brad Anderson 526 (16 ) plug Hemi