Modify the stock Rad.

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
Has anyone ever cut the stock radiator?, I'm taking off the stock IC and tubing and putting a FMIC and want to cut the section off that the stock IC sat in.Just an idea right now, later down the line want to get an Alum. Rad!!

Tom

when i did mine i cut everything for the stock IC out except where the radiator mount bolts are up top. i left the one on the IC side. its got plenty of support and i've had no problems since.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever cut the stock radiator?, I'm taking off the stock IC and tubing and putting a FMIC and want to cut the section off that the stock IC sat in.Just an idea right now, later down the line want to get an Alum. Rad!!

Tom

Tom,

Yes...everyone who has installed a Magnum Powers FMIC had to take off that stuff. Brass tank radiators are easy...just heat the brackets a little where they are attached to the tanks and the solder will melt and off comes the bracket...one part might need a hacksaw don't rember. Either way it's easy. For the aluminum radiator I just took a hacksaw and cut the stuff off.

David

Back