Ddubb
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Where at ?
How much you offering ?

- Dan

jleopold
04-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Depends on experience :-)

Do you think the both of us could do it ? --- you still get paid of course but you also get some help too...

We'd have to pull the older motor.. then install the new one... and I'm probaby going to change the water pump, harmonic balancer and sparks-to platinum while I can ...

bgck7
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
:eek:

so john, is this on the same red bird that you have or something new:rolleyes:just wondering, im still around here in redwood city, just been hiding during the winter season. did you know that Apex motorsports had close down?wowo , so much for any car events at their location:(, ill have to find another area that we can attach ourselves and hang out at. As for car rebuild, Dan would be the person to go too. his rebuild several cars already and definitely the man to see. good luck on your new engine.

regards,
pq.:cool:

jleopold
04-03-2008, 01:38 AM
No... I didn't know they shut down...
that sucks...

Well...we've put together a nice group of car guys here in Tracy at Speed Freaks... they have ?Dyno and events and everything... Do you guys want to do something at their place ? --- my friend has an AC Cobra that is just a hoot to hear and see... at 500HP... mint condition....

We have about 5 cars at Speed Freaks....

Ya the red car... I may have to do it myself with Dans help...

Oh.. Dan... while the engine is out I want to fix a bunch of the other stuff like water pump, harmonic balancer, sparks, etc... could we do all that for say 750 - 850 bucks ?

Ddubb
04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
John,

When I rebuilt my 94 engine, I picked up alot of parts along the way ..

New Ford waterpump - $85 shipped IIRC ( put my old one in freshly painted looking nice, started the engine and it was leaking .. )
Stock Ford Platinum Plugs ( Obsolete now, but aftermarket are okay and about the same price ) - $30
Harmonic Balancer - I got a BHJ off here for $300 shipped .. they pop up from time to time, new runs a little higher, may need to be honed to fit the crank before installation, plus balanced with the pulley, or 0 balance pulley ..

So .. what all are you looking to do really ? You have a Re-man engine ? Need to swap over your stock parts, and replace some more like the ones you mentioned .. is the $750-850 your price range, including labor, parts, etc etc ??
You have ALOT of tools and patience ?? Engine Hoist ? ;)

So the plan is .. pull old engine, swap all parts over, install new one .. hmmmm, man .. that is alot of work LOL. I assume this all needs to be done in Tracy ?

How soon you looking to get something like this done ? My week is pretty busy, sometimes I even work Saturdays .. I have to make time available to get work done and schedule it in advance. :cool:

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Its actually not a hard job...I did mine over last summer while working 40hrs/week with my bro...if you have the rebuilt/new engine ready to go it should be a quick swap. I would say I am down to help but I'm super busy...keep me posted and if you have any ?s but I'm sure Dan knows whats up ;)

~Jeff

jleopold
04-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Update on the car...

Took it to the shop and they are 100% sure its a head gasket leak. So new engine is out of the question for now but fixing the head gasket seems like a DIY. With that in mind Dan... is that fairly straight forward or worse that doing the spark plugs ... as I found out the hard way...

Ddubb
04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
You made it sound like you already had a new engine lined up and everything !! Hmmm ...

Head gaskets .. yeah, its alot more work than changing the plugs .. just removing everything from the top half of the engine and pulling the heads .. those Head bolts can be on there REALLY good !!! If your car still has AC that makes it a little more difficult also, or just a ~~~~.

Then you will need to have the heads re-done before you put them back on the car, would be the best thing to do while they are off. But its all up to you ..

- Dan