Degree or Not Degree...that is the question

AX-MAN

Alright guys, I'm doing a rebuild on my 90 (mostly stock) and recently came to own a comp cam...I'm a novice when it comes to cams so the question is whether I need to degree it or install it straight up. On the receipt it says its a grind for David Dalke, (....didn't know your user name sorry) and not positive what all the numbers mean (there are alot of them) but it says:
intake exhaust
valve adjustment hyd hyd
gross valve lift .494 .493
duration @
.006 tappet lift 292 276
valve timing open close
@ .050 int: 0 btdc 35 abdc
exh: 46 bbdc 6- atdc
These specs are for cam installed @ 108.0 intake center line
intake exhaust
duration @ .050 215 220
lobe lift .2860 .2850
lobe separation 112.0

I tried to copy it as close as I could and not leave anything out. Other questions....what do I need to degree it (if that is the case?) How much of a difference will it make if I install it straight up? Roller timing chain? What kind of timing chain and gear will I need? Can I re-use the stock cam gear or timing gear? Like I said I'm a novice here so if I said something that didn't make since please just steer me in the right direction....I'm getting all kinds of advice from a chevy pro and I know these cars are unique.

Ive got around the same cam....

Email Dave for the rest of the parts you need if all you have is the cam......I went searching for a Tchain and could not for sure 100% find the right one........I gave up and went with XR7Dave for all the parts..Pushrods and springs....I even got new lifters to be safe...Nice prices....Id hate to put it all together to find out a 100k mile worn lifter went bad....

Good Luck....Oh Im putting my cam in straight up...

Rocco

Back