no oil sc wow

mannysc

today the guy that bought my 92 sc has me put a blower on it he says its shot making noise clattering im like yeah thats easy but im out of couplers so i take the new blower from my red 91 its got 1 hour on it its a dealer replacement that never got installed til last week when i put it on my 91 .

so anyway i do the swap fire it up its like clack clack clack !!!
I listen its loud like a bad bad lifter.
i shut er down figure colapsed lifters or worse I just for the hell of it check oil nothing wow must be two quarts low, i add oil 1-2 quarts check it still not reading on dip stick add one more now its at tip add 3/4 quart more its at full mark can you beleive this it was 3 3/4 quarts low and he was doing burnouts with it before he brought it over,

im fearing the worst fire it up clack clack clack puurrrrr, it ran great then he comes over to pick it up it wont start is hard as hell to start it bucks and pings im like now what ?

i check memory fuse thats it replaced it it fired up first time learned its idle i shut er down fired it up wow runs like a dream .
why did he get to do burn out with almost 33/4 quarts low if i did this 1 quart low id blow the motor up some people have dumb luck they are dumb but to stupid to know it will do harm and get away with it . any way just wanted you guys to know about my interesting day,

oh yeah i talked to my buddy Dwayne "PaP" he is doing fine

and i found a mpiii in junk yard got it for $25 with intake they thought it was bad it had dirt in it I tore it down and cleaned it up new bearings and its going on my sc in morning how was your day anyone?

Last edited:
I also had a great day,talked to my buddy manny.fast cars good looking women.

Last edited:
Woww Manny

Bad day good day

Manny looks like your bad day turned out good talking to Pap we need to get Pap down to Calif the three of us can thunder the town down :)

U FOUND AN MPIII IN A JUNKYARD !!!!???? how lucky can u get ? jeeze !

i'll pay ya $26 for it.......plus shipping of course :p

Last edited:
U FOUND AN MPIII IN A JUNKYARD !!!!???? how lucky can u get ? jeeze !

i'll pay ya $26 for it.......plus shipping of course :p

I had a poker face on when i bought it like hmm wonder if It will work think its shot? the guy at wrecking yard said once dirt gets in em they are nothing but paper weights, took me all of 20 minutes to clean rebuild and bolt back together. its going in my s today with 25% overdrive and 50 lbs injectors maybe the 60s if its not enough,

God loves me!!!

Bad day good day

Manny looks like your bad day turned out good talking to Pap we need to get Pap down to Calif the three of us can thunder the town down :)

Id love to see talk to shake the hand of Dwayne he and sandi are great people I talked to them for maybe two hrs or more. dwayne is a great guy funny and i find myself talking of stuff i only do with family sandi is great ,

funnya as hell smart witted,
some how I can picture her smokin and talkin dirty jokes with the guys

she has come backs to every remark you can make . must keep Dwayne on his game if she was running for president Id vote for her watch out!! foreign countrys she,s a firecracker!!!

as for me and Dwayne wow like brothers we can talk about everything ,

wish we were closer we could be bestest friends id like to tear up the town with these two

Manny,you and jim are the best brothers a fellow could ever have,see you guys next summer after artifical leg is on and can get around.manny ,SANDI FOR PRESIDENT,love it might just take this woman to straighten our country out,if not one thing for sure she would decorate the hell out of the white house.and dances every other weekend.she said thanks for the kind words.i say what a kicker a native americian in the white house,you know what would happen if another country bumped heads with her.war dance would be on then.

My day?
You ask about everyone's day, so I'm gonna tell you about mine.

The other day I took the SC out, noticed a really bad vibration at anything above 30mph, while accelerating. Think to myself, "time to check the bolts for the driveshaft" since I hear so many horror stories about the bolts coming out.

I finally got the car on the lift today, and first thing I notice is the brand new undercoating I put on the car. Lovely Mercon V strewn all underneath the car. Almost looks like somebody sprayed the stuff on...it's covering every square inch. So I check tranny fluid. Yep, what do you know, definitely Merc. V. I was 1qt low after driving maybe 30miles. :rolleyes:

I check the bolts to the driveshaft. Tight as can be. I check the diff. mounts. No problem. I noticed some slight surface rust on the U-joints and realize how much I'm gonna hate removing that driveshaft. So while I calm down about that, I decide to take it to the carwash and make sure to soak the underneath of the car down so I can see EXACTLY where the fluid is leaking from.

I get back, jack of the rearend of the car. Go to run it in drive and notice wheel bearing in the driver side tire is bad. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I somehow managed to break a weld for the exhaust hanger.

So all in all. I have the surging problem I have STILL been unable to fix, a broken weld and no welder here at the house. Awesome vibration that feels/sounds like a jackhammer in the car at anything over 30mph, bad wheel bearing, leaking tranny fluid, and I need to find out why the stupid Firm Ride light is blinking, and why the box keeps ticking at me.

I've driven this car very little since I've bought it. I'm also broke as hell, because I leave for basic in June so I'm trying to actually enjoy my time here before I leave.

Oh, but I did manage to fix the cooling fan. Now it comes on when it's supposed to, instead of running 24/7. :rolleyes:

when it rains it pours good luck in basic witch branch you going in.

I need it to rain then.
As far as basic, I'll be leaving June 11th for Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. Going in the Army as a 35T, which basically falls under MilitaryIntel.
After that I report to Ft. Huachuca, Arizona for my A.I.T. which will be 49 weeks long. It's sad that I have longer training than every Medical MOS I had offered to me.:eek:

Back