cutting out

L-M tech

whats up guys? just installed a new accumulator from spinning wheels and now i have killer brakes for the first time in 40 k. but my car is like any woman you fix one thing and instantly there is something else that needs to be done. feels like the car was dropping a couple of holes so i threw on my snap on scanner and got a code 48 for the coil # 3 circuit .coming up with the coil isnt a problem, but i have read about people having failed DIS modules.if it comes to this does anyone know where to locate a new one.thanks for the help this site rules.

not that it helps you but i saw 4 of them yesterday at the pick a part -should have maybe bought them up

last I checked spinning wheels sc sells the factory motorcraft ones. That seems to be the best way to go, but I have an aftermarket one that came with my car that seems to be doing the job ok.

whats up guys? just installed a new accumulator from spinning wheels and now i have killer brakes for the first time in 40 k. but my car is like any woman you fix one thing and instantly there is something else that needs to be done. feels like the car was dropping a couple of holes so i threw on my snap on scanner and got a code 48 for the coil # 3 circuit .coming up with the coil isnt a problem, but i have read about people having failed DIS modules.if it comes to this does anyone know where to locate a new one.thanks for the help this site rules.

If you are going to replace the coil, I recommend you get a Screamin Demon coil. I believe they are less expensive then a Ford coil. I just put one in my 94 SC and it did the following immediately: increased throttle response, faster starting and eliminated a 2-3 shift hesitation. Since I installed the coil I added the LiveWire plug wires and gaped the plugs to .060. I have not experienced any misfires at high RPM or boost and am waiting to see if my fuel mileage improves as suggested by the literature that came with the coil.

Ed

thanks for the input guys.as soon as the money falls off the tree in my front yard ill snag up some new parts.

installed a good sub. coil to diag my car that didnt fix it and am waiting for a new module.hopfully this will cure the missing issue.has anyone ran into a coil circuit failure code before and what was the repair.all my circuit test ok.the onlything left would be the pcm.thanks in advance

i have done a top end rebuild and installed all new heater hoses ,wires, plugs MAF and anything that looked like it needed it,all ford parts.i bought the car for 1500$and have sunk about 2000 more in it.i have put 40 k on it sence i bought it 2 years ago.its a beater , but its mine .and i truly love the car. have had the chance to dump the car numerous times .theres just not enough money to buy my red p.o.s.

Back