Airbags?!?

franky_402

When you guys are adding airbags to the suspension what all is involved and how much can you influence the height of the car with them. I found this kit at spinning wheels-sc and i think this is the right kit you guys are using but not sure! Any pictures of the switches? Bags

When you guys are adding airbags to the suspension what all is involved and how much can you influence the height of the car with them. I found this kit at spinning wheels-sc and i think this is the right kit you guys are using but not sure! Any pictures of the switches? Bags

I've got the same type Rod listed...no electric switches just filler nozzels like a tire would have. Keep in mind that raising the rear pushes the nose of the car down a similar distance.

David

I have the kit on a Crown Victoria and I added the on board compressor. What you notice more than anything is how firm the ride is with air in the bags. On the CV it is downright harsh when full (40psi I believe). When I would go to Costco and buy soda, the back of the car would bottom out. Not now. I can load it completely full and not hardly budge when I hit a bump. If your looking for height adjustment, I would look elsewhere. Also, isn't Spinning Wheels a Sponsor here? Why not support them?

Pictures of my old 96 with 5-10psi in the bags. Second picture is around 20psi.

Last edited:
Back