Rear Window Molding - 90 SC

StvsBrd

SCCoA Lifetime Member
Need some help in trying to locate the outside window molding that runs from the rear window up along the roof line to the front window. (Image attached) I was told that Ford does not make this part any more and that there isn't any aftermarket stock. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Attachments

• SC_Molding_A.jpg
    SC_Molding_A.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 71
These aren't that hard to find in the salvage yards in decent condition. I'd give that a check first.

JD

Thanks

I thought of that but haven't made it there yet. Is there a particular type of epoxy or glue that will ensure its' security?

Duffy,

Do you have any part numbers? That site doesn't really help you much unless you know the part numbers.

StvsBrd,

I believe there is a bolt or two underneath the headliner (it might be the hard plastic part on the outside of the headliner) holding that part on.

E9SZ 6351729 B for left rear. Superceded by F1SZ 6351729 A
E9SZ 6351728 B for right rear. Superceded by F1SZ 6351728 A

I would reverify though just in case I am incorrect. I checked the 89 (E9SZ) part numbers on Green Sale's site. I don't know if there were later supercedures in the model run that might apply to your car Duane.

There is one retaining bolt that you can access by removing a small access panel in your rear quarter plastic. Also, that section of trim interlocks with the next long section which runs all the way to the hood. You'll see a seam right there and they have to come apart in a specific manner (which I can't remember).

Back