trans work...this is getting old

92sclikenew

well i been told for the last 3 days that the trans was under the car waiting to go in......:eek: and that it would be done, so today call and not the owner but one of his workers say they got the valve body out of it:eek: it wasnt workin right didnt why it wasnt but he said it was out... remind you that this is suppose to be a whole diff trans and rebuilt again:eek::eek:

just had to tell some people to blow some steam off..

he also said he wont give me the car untill he knows its workin right:eek: way i look at that he should get me a rental car right????

>today call

Every time you call, you just give them more rope to hang you with.

Stop calling and start walking in...like everyone else.

Might want to devote an entire afternoon of just sitting around. Chat up other customers to see how happy they are (make sure at least one employee notes this). Mention the BBB or the cops... Tell the owner how you were never convicted that time you were arrested for assaulting a car wash attendant. Keep a dozen or so quarters in your pocket and jingle them every chance you get. Mutter something about an infection...

>today call

Every time you call, you just give them more rope to hang you with.

Stop calling and start walking in...like everyone else.

Call me dirty.....

But when I had problems with my tranny I went in with a tape recorded...My family had their own PI business for awhile...Dont make your questions obvious.....Be yourself...

I never got to use it against them but it sure felt good to be sneaky..

F1

thanks guys this would be the 4th time he is building it

and to answer you dave i beleave he built this whole other trans because he was installing that input shaft idk..

but isnt 3 times a lemon atleast here in michigain.. what do you guys think i can do... i dont wanna start trouble cuz he aint being rude really... just that its getting old just tell me whats goin on and i would be happy instead of sayin oh today you will have it oh today you will have it and so on its getting old i dont mind not having the car its not like that big of a deal its the point that im lied to.. if it breaks again im tellin him that he aint fixin it and he is paying somone else....... thats it ,if it gets to that point who should i get ahold of here in michigain (whats a good shop)

im ready to tell him i want my $40 2x for trans fluid.... and the 2 omost 3 months for insureance for now reason now.. thats omost $100 each months.. and its geting old ontop of i do still pay a car payment for this car.. only 100$ also each months but still

im ready to tell him he has to get me a rental car.. :eek:

but besides the bs i had to tell someone that would understand.... thanks guys ;):D

i think he just keeps tellin us bs... he said where riding he a**so hard he dont have an a**to ride any more.

Last edited:
Honestly, you have been more than fair and nice about the whole thing. I know that he has been a friend and helped your family but he has been taking advantage of you. I think it is time to get your money back and go somewhere else. If it were me, I would have been done two rebuilds ago.:D My vote is to demand your money back nicely and move on.

Honestly, you have been more than fair and nice about the whole thing. I know that he has been a friend and helped your family but he has been taking advantage of you. I think it is time to get your money back and go somewhere else. If it were me, I would have been done two rebuilds ago.:D My vote is to demand your money back nicely and move on.

I have to agree. Sounds like he's tried his best and sounds like you've been waaaay more than patient. It just ain't happenin', though.

I'd take it to another shop, pay 'em to fix it right, and bring the bill to the first guy and work out a settlement. If he has any decency at all, he'll be fair with you.

I haven't followed this from the very beginning so I don't know how much money you have tied up with this guy but I'd be tempted to move on even if he didn't refund your money. Not saying that would be fair or right, but sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.

Good luck
DD

I have to agree. Sounds like he's tried his best and sounds like you've been waaaay more than patient. It just ain't happenin', though.

I'd take it to another shop, pay 'em to fix it right, and bring the bill to the first guy and work out a settlement. If he has any decency at all, he'll be fair with you.

I haven't followed this from the very beginning so I don't know how much money you have tied up with this guy but I'd be tempted to move on even if he didn't refund your money. Not saying that would be fair or right, but sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.

Good luck
DD

$600 is the most it got into this plus my fluids for 2 times which is 80$ so.... ill see what happens besides calling him non stop i been very nice and not givin probs....

$600 is the most it got into this plus my fluids for 2 times which is 80$ so.... ill see what happens besides calling him non stop i been very nice and not givin probs....

Can you tape record his response when you tell him that you want him to pay for your insurance,car rental and other odds and ends,and post it on you tube?

Why are you surprised that your job is at the bottom of the priority list? you paid next to nothing and you are surprised that corners are being cut?

If you are really lucky,you might be able to get a refund and use this as a learning experience.If you want quality work,you have to be prepared to pay for it.

Last edited:
Can you tape record his response when you tell him that you want him to pay for your insurance,car rental and other odds and ends,and post it on you tube?

Why are you surprised that your job is at the bottom of the priority list? you paid next to nothing and you are surprised that corners are being cut?

If you are really lucky,you might be able to get a refund and use this as a learning experience.If you want quality work,you have to be prepared to pay for it.

wait wait i didnt set the price i told him to fix it and give me a price and thats what he asked for so.. dont put that on me....

thats why he keeps building them since i didnt set the price how was i tryin to get it cheap.. i doubt that one bit... :rolleyes::eek:

Last edited:
It could be a lot worse...most people in your position get the "you must of abused it" speech and warranty is denied. Your getting a lot of labor out of these guys for $600. The new converter and shaft cost more than that.

Keep your fingers crossed they figure it out this time.

David

It could be a lot worse...most people in your position get the "you must of abused it" speech and warranty is denied. Your getting a lot of labor out of these guys for $600. The new converter and shaft cost more than that.

Keep your fingers crossed they figure it out this time.

David

yea thats why i blow my madness here to get what people say and let my dad deal with the guy and be calm about it:eek: but i think he is tryin to show that all that long time faimly biz is that we have brought to him the he is tryin to take care of me...
:eek:;)

but the way i kind of look at it also is he should have done it right the first time and said hey you new a new case... or so on but no it got built and failed...

Last edited:
well got word today that the valve body is fine:eek:

that they didnt get a new tc from when that shaft broke.. so once they put it togethere they found out that the tc wasnt any good....so should i be thinkin they are just replacing they shaft and saying they used a harden one, or is there harden one peice output shafts that use the stock tc

now wouldnt you not waste anymore time on this and replace it to make sure its fine... sounds like to be he is tryin to cheap out on me..

just like im starting to think more and more that they didnt get a diff case.....:mad:

Last edited:
well got word today that the valve body is fine:eek:

that they didnt get a new tc from when that shaft broke.. so once they put it togethere they found out that the tc wasnt any good....so should i be thinkin they are just replacing they shaft and saying they used a harden one, or is there harden one peice output shafts that use the stock tc

now wouldnt you not waste anymore time on this and replace it to make sure its fine... sounds like to be he is tryin to cheap out on me..

just like im starting to think more and more that they didnt get a diff case.....:mad:

Of course he is likely doing things on the cheap,You didnt pay enough to get any quality work so I doubt he is going to go further in the hole to do it right.

wait wait i didnt set the price i told him to fix it and give me a price and thats what he asked for so.. dont put that on me....

thats why he keeps building them since i didnt set the price how was i tryin to get it cheap.. i doubt that one bit... :rolleyes::eek:

Im not saying that you chiseled him down.But the reality is that with the lowball quote that he gave you he has to cut corners,and your ongoing problems is indicative of that.

Im not saying that you chiseled him down.But the reality is that with the lowball quote that he gave you he has to cut corners,and your ongoing problems is indicative of that.

well no one said anything about tryin to make a deal tell you the truth i asked him to make it stronger and he said there aint much besides manual valve bodys!!! so....

so today i get the news that some time of ring or somthing in the tail of the trans is causing the probs... and messed some stuff up..

would you guys call this bs?????

Back