opion for my v8 sho?

92sclikenew

well i figured i would ask here since you guys know your cars.

i have a v8 sho and it has spun a bearing about 6 months ago..

long store short, i need to move the car and i found out that its not as easy as replacing the bearings. time has came to were i need to take it to take the motor out of the car to build the other one(got a nos short block for it):D

my question to see what you guys think is could i run it with out that piston conneting rod not in there and unplug fuel and spark to that cylinder i need to move it about 5 mile to my parnets house. this car is apart now to figure out what happen just were i live i cant do a motor job:(.

so i was thinking of tryin this.. the only thing is i dont wanna mess my heads up they bearly got 6k on a $2k rebuild:eek: (every thing and anything is new on um)

so what do you guys think is this possiable :eek:

well i figured i would ask here since you guys know your cars.

i have a v8 sho and it has spun a bearing about 6 months ago..

long store short, i need to move the car and i found out that its not as easy as replacing the bearings. time has came to were i need to take it to take the motor out of the car to build the other one(got a nos short block for it):D

my question to see what you guys think is could i run it with out that piston conneting rod not in there and unplug fuel and spark to that cylinder i need to move it about 5 mile to my parnets house. this car is apart now to figure out what happen just were i live i cant do a motor job:(.

so i was thinking of tryin this.. the only thing is i dont wanna mess my heads up they bearly got 6k on a $2k rebuild:eek: (every thing and anything is new on um)

so what do you guys think is this possiable :eek:

Rent a Uhaul for the day. dont drive it. you will do more damage with all the metal shaving in the system.

Rent a Uhaul for the day. dont drive it. you will do more damage with all the metal shaving in the system.

yea i know i just wanna be cheap.... i was thinkin after i made this post how will it even make oil pressure :eek: so thats is a no go

owell... there isnt much metal its all cleaned out...

If you can get the engine to the point that you can pull the pistons and rods how much harder is it to change the bearings?

Tow it!

Good luck too.

Also, let me know where you get the gaskets from and prices ect. My wife has a 99 SHO and I may need (or want) to do major work to it someday.

junk it...........................

:rolleyes:

no jim you know how much i got into this car to junk it way to much after i put the 3rd motor in im gonna be close to 18k with every thing and buying the car th list go's on and on cail failed trans tons of fixing things oh most every thing is new...

If you can get the engine to the point that you can pull the pistons and rods how much harder is it to change the bearings?

well thats what i was hoping to do but i got welded to the crank because i wasnt leavin the car out at the dream cruise so now im putting a whole new short block in:eek:

Tow it!

Good luck too.

Also, let me know where you get the gaskets from and prices ect. My wife has a 99 SHO and I may need (or want) to do major work to it someday.

got them from a local dealer my family has been dealin with for 25 or so years

i have been hearing every one sayin they are hard to find.. i had no probs thru them little costly tho..
each head gasket was about 156.99 and the other was like 169.00 dont know why the price diff.... and the head bolts for both sides were 50.00
so just around 300.00 to get all the stuff to put it togetheres all the intake stuff i used permatex silacone the black stuff and reused the gaskets (they werent that old) since my intake is painted black...

Back