Maxton Super Coupe

WhiteThunder

I'm hanging out at Maxton, NC this weekend for the land speed runs. My friend Lawson Bilhardt is running his '90 SC tomorrow - if the meet doesn't get rained out. Here's a few photos of the car and Lawson changing the plugs.

Lawson topped the engine off with a 3.3 AR. Most of the under-the-hood engine work he fabricated. It's not a show car. He ran 175.26777 at Maxton last March. That's going through the 60-foot traps after one mile from a standing start.

He got in the 190 mph range with the car at Bonneville late last year, but had control probems at that speed. He plans on going back to Bonneville this year.

Lawson is not online. He's old school - doesn't get into computers.

Enjoy,

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• blackbird 1.jpg
    blackbird 1.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 771
  • blackbird 2.jpg
    blackbird 2.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 600
  • blackbird 3.jpg
    blackbird 3.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 644
  • blackbird 4.jpg
    blackbird 4.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 593
Very cool. Has he made any modifications to the body to effect control at speed (front air splitter, rear wing, etc.)?

-Rod

>He's old school - doesn't get into computers.

So that thing in the middle of the fabbed dash that looks to be a computerized data logger is actually an Etch-A-Sketch..? :rolleyes:

He got in the 190 mph range with the car at Bonneville late last year, but had control probems at that speed. He plans on going back to Bonneville this year.

190 mph?

I think by looking at this setup he would go to more overdrive it looks to be underdriven. My M90 with special tefflon stripped rotors get's 35PSI at 40% overdrive. What has been done to the engine?

Last edited:
>He's old school - doesn't get into computers.

So that thing in the middle of the fabbed dash that looks to be a computerized data logger is actually an Etch-A-Sketch..? :rolleyes:

LOL! Nah, Lawson doesn't own a PC so he doesn't have e-mail and doesn't browse the Internet.

Rained out today at Maxton. (East Coast Timing Association)

Attached is a photo of the front of Lawson's SC.

Attachments

• black bird 1.jpg
    black bird 1.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 2,877

190 mph?

I think by looking at this setup he would go to more overdrive it looks to be underdriven. My M90 with special tefflon stripped rotors get's 35PSI at 40% overdrive. What has been done to the engine?

I would think that if your going for top speed with that AR you would under drive it some. I know in open road driving most take off off their overdrive setup and lower it down some.

Don't know for sure, just a thought.

Lawson believes the problem he had at Bonneville at 190.20761 mph had to do with the small tires he was running on the front.

He plans to try again a Bonneville later this year.

You Don't Stop Playing Because You're Old...you're Old Because You Stopped Playing!!!

I speak with Lawson almost on a daily basis. He is a super cool person and a very good friend to have. He has taught me more about HP than anyone! He is great at explaining things about these cars and is very patient. His is the same color as mine. I was planning to be there this trip as well as other trips and to Bonneville also, but couldn't make it.We hope to make it there soon and see what ours will do. We had some issues with the car before we left this time for Maxton. Eddie good pictures!!

Yes David (Ray) this is the car I have told you about. I can't wait to get ours through the tech so we can make some passes and see where we are at. I'm still not 100% but getting closer everyday. I can't wait until next meet.

Good Luck Lawson and may the speed Gods be at your side..........

Take care Eddie!! It's nice to see you put this up for the community to see. Maybe I'll see you in S. Florida and have lunch. I'm headed for Miami in a couple of days. I'll call you.

**Lawson doesn't need a pc...His brain can calculate most things in his head.

Go Lawson GO!!!:cool::eek:

Cheers!!!
Victor

Back