Anybody port their Throttle body

f1rocco

I got bored a few days back and noticed how square cut the rear exit of my 89 TB was....So I ported the rear of the tb out to match the gasket as well as the I/C runner....The Inner cooler didnt take much but the TB seemed to be at least a 1/4 off.........I really just smoothed it out didnt go to far in.......Searched to see if anyone else wasted their time with these stock TBz......I know I need to get a job..

F1

I got bored a few days back and noticed how square cut the rear exit of my 89 TB was....So I ported the rear of the tb out to match the gasket as well as the I/C runner....The Inner cooler didnt take much but the TB seemed to be at least a 1/4 off.........I really just smoothed it out didnt go to far in.......Searched to see if anyone else wasted their time with these stock TBz......I know I need to get a job..

F1

u ported the intercooler ?

i wouldnt even waste my time and effort porting a stock TB. ebay has the performance plus 75mm TB for 130 shipped.

I considered doing that with the stock TB only going all the way through to give me a couple more mm's.... then get a custom made throttle blade. The more I looked at it the more it was pointless to do, because in some spots the wall is so thin, then the aggrevation of having to tune the EEC for the extra air flow so the IAC operates properly etc. Blending the back of the TB into the intake plenum won't hurt unless the TB becomes bigger than the inlet of the plenum, then your creating turbulence than can impede airflow. Thats why to me anything bigger than a 70mm TB on a stock plenum is pointless, and could hurt WOT performance.

Now me is stuck with a stock sized TB with no options to upgrade :(. Thats what I get for sticking with the FAST rules :D.

Frit

Last edited:
Cool....

Thats all I did was smooth out the rear....Seemed way too stiff of an exit for cfmz....Just wanted to blend the stocker and open it up a tad...

I will buy a different TB one of these days but I love free mods and hands on...

F1

You can gain a little flow by half shafting the throttle body but it is not a giant gain.

Back