Completely disable the factory alarm?

1996LX

My 96LX has an alarm issue that came to a head last night..

It used to go off randomly if I had locked the doors with the fob... no rhyme or reason to it. If I locked the doors manually by pushing down the button the alarm never went off.

Last night, my alarm went off at 4am.. I ran down and hit the fob to unlock the doors and the alrm stopped.. 3 minutes later is was going off again even though the doors were unlocked.

I went out, manually locked/unlocked the car with the key on the door and left it unlocked. As soon as I got back into bed the alarm went off again.

I went out and started the car, let it run for a minute and shut it off.. got out of the car without locking anything and 2 minutes later the alarm went off..

I'm all done with the alarm.. I pulled the battery cable so the car is sitting in the garage with no power right now.

How do I permanently kill the alarm function? Anyone know?

Just in case someone searches this type of question again.. here is the fix.

I'm not sure about all years, but I know this works on 1994 and 1996 Thunderbirds at the very least.

There is a thick bundle of black taped wires behind the drivers side kick panel..

In that bundle there is a dark green wire with a purple stripe.

If you T tap into that wire and run another wire to chassis ground, you will disarm the factory alarm without losing the keyfob ability to lock/unlock remotely.

The alarm light will still flash on the dash like it normally does.. but the alarm will not trigger.

Took alot of Google searching with different phrases and words but I finally found that on an aftermarket alarm forum in a thread specific to a 94 Tbird.. I checked my car and found the same wire so I gave it a try.. worked perfectly and only took about 10 minutes to do the fix.

Back