Need pics of

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
I switched over to a late model blower and plenum, and deleted the egr.
I was wondering if someone could post some closeups of the vac. hoses and others are ran, cause I don't think they are right?Need pics from the front inlet plenum/back also,return plenum also.And where they come from ran on the firewall, hope I'm not asking for too much:D

I changed return plenum today with the modified one that came with the FMIC just purchased and noticed the AFPR wasn't bolted down/bracket wise to the back of the head.Would this hurt anything?Must have forgot that bolt:rolleyes:, Its on the fuel rail tight, just curious to what you guys think!

The reason why I'm asking all this stuff is cause I put some bolt-ons on and injectors,chip, etc.. and would not run without me keep giving it gas some thought it would be Vac. leak, some thought IC, and tubes not sealed correctly.

I better stop cause I could keep asking questions about this and that so I'll stop for now:)!

Thanks guys in advance!

Tom

ok if u switched from an 89 blower to a late model there are 2 vac lines that need to be plugged up. one is the one that was on the egr valve itself and the other is the one that controlled the bypass valve. the later models used a cross-talk hose going from the inlet plenum to the bypass valve. theres also a hole in the inlet plenum that isnt used for the switch. u should figure out which one thru process of elimination. and when deleting the egr, leave the electronics and vac hose hooked up or else u will likely throw a code, I did.

your fuel rail has plenty of support without the bolt in back of the head.

i have some pics but they're real close up. i cant take any better ones cuz im deployed right now lol. but here ya go :

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/thunderkid84/011.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/thunderkid84/009.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch!

I appreciate your pics and describing how the vac lines should be ran and what should be plugged:)

I put a blockoff plate where the egr used to be.

Thanks again!

Tom

Back