Question about Air Pressure Leak Test

rickbtbird

During the pressure leak test, does the system remain pressurized or does it quickly leak out?

Ok I'm using a compressor to pressurize the intake using an adaptor attached to the throttle body, it has an air valve on it. On the compressor I have it set to about 40psi and on the adaptor I can only reach about 8psi, originally 5psi until I found a leak in the main air block. I cable tied the leak.

I can hear air inside the blower like it's airing up a tire and my pancake compressor come on about once a minute. If I pull one of the vacuum lines, air comes whooshing out and PSI drops on the adaptor.

I would have thought that I could get between 10-15psi if all was good. I can't find any leaks (other then the one I fixed).

During acceleration my boost gage indicates 11PSI boost and around 20 HG when decelerating.

The reason why I'm asking is, I can't seem to make the system idle below 600 while doing the Idle Speed adjustment. I would expect that if I turn the air trim screw in too low the indicator on the tester would begin to blink and indicate a 1Hz "Idle too low". Since I can't do that, I'm assmuning I have a vacuum leak, right :confused:

Last edited:
Back