PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little help

95CaliSC
04-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Well guys, I am in need of some mechanical help. I am sure a few of you guys are good wrenches and some even better with SC's. I am looking to change out my rotors and pads. Also I have a set of polished tensioners coming and would like to put new belts and steel idlers on the tensioners.

I am not a complete automotive idiot but would like some help from a experienced wrench so that I do not flux it up. Crazy car with the ABS and not wanting to screw up my pulleys and such. I live in Lincoln, CA and have a garage to work in. Would be grateful to anyone who would offer to help me out for a fair price. Not that it matters much but it is a 95 auto SC.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Justin S.

Ddubb
04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
The work you are doing is not very hard at all .. you just need an 18mm socket and breaker bar for the belts ( will need to remove lower radiator hose to install one of the new belts - dont forget to refill the coolant at the burp plug ) .. may need to loosen the AC pump to get the SC tensioner loose enough to get the belt off.

Brakes and rotors .. simple job, just like any other car ..

Lincoln is a little out of the way for me, over 2 hours drive each way. But overall, the work is pretty simple once you get into it. :D

- Dan

jleopold
04-11-2008, 02:33 AM
I live in Tracy ... don't know a ton but there is a great SC mechanic here that can fix that for about 75 bucks...or so Auto Specialties in Tracy 209-833-3880
Tell Jason John refered you ...

95CaliSC
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the advice Ddubb. Tracy is a bit out of the way for me but if price is good may be worth a field trip.:D Anyway, after send in prop. taxes here, I'll prob have to save up a couple weeks to finish buying up parts. I'll check into it soon. Thanks for replies.

Justin

Ddubb
04-11-2008, 11:51 PM
If youre willing to drive down to San Jose area I may be able to help .. Just let me know if or when you may be interested.

- Dan

95CaliSC
04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
If youre willing to drive down to San Jose area I may be able to help .. Just let me know if or when you may be interested.

- Dan

Sounds good Dan. I'll try to grab up all the parts and I'll let you know when it looks closer to happening. Thanks.

Justin